Bushnell Elite 3200 2x7 or a Nikon Slughunter 1.65x5 ?

adam246

I just bought a H&R 20 ga. Ultra Slug Hunter Compact for my wife -- I had been considering some 2x7 Leupolds but after checking them out in a store, I'm now leaning away from them & towards maybe a Bushnell Elite 3200 2x7 or a Nikon Slughunter w/ BDC reticle in 1.65x5.

Any input would be great ... I have a Bushnell 3200 3x9 on my Tikka T3 .270 & I love it, Rainguard is a great & useful feature.

I've never had a Nikon scope but I've heard good things & I liked the feel of it w/ the raised "lever" to adjust the scope magnification. Also, the ballistic reticle seems to be a handy feature for a gun that should be quite accurate at a distance.
Of course, although I bought this for my wife - I am looking forward to shooting this little bad boy too.

I just bought a nikon slughunter scope for my H&R 12 gauge shotgun. Not sure what yardage to begin sighting in the crosshairs at. I am going to use winchester Partition gold 3" (7/8 oz.) ,385 grains witth 2000 FPS velocity. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

The slughunter is a good scope for todays high performance slugs. Not many scopes have enough eye relief for shells that recoil that hard. With those shells I would recommend sighting in at 100 - 125 yards. You will be able to aim directly at your target from 0-150 yards on deer size game.

I just went though the same thing. I purchased both the Nikon and Leopold scopes. Never thought of say it but the Nikon is better. So the Nikon went on the hr and the Leopold ended on the 870. Both are very good though just like the Nikon better. You would be happy either way. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.