Bushnell Burnout

meathead

I jumped on the lazer rangefinder wagon when Bushnell introduced the Yardage Pro 400. I worked ok, but soon after the 800 model came out. I waited awhile until the 800 compact was introduced, and bought that one. It worked pretty good, but I had ranging problems like others have noted: low readings on animals, useless on flat ground, etc. After a little over two years of heavy use, it lost power. Effective range dropped to 150 yds! Knowing that the warrenty was over I shipped it to Bushnell's "Repair" site. They responded that the cost to "repair" was over the value of the unit, but if I sent them $140 they would replace it with a new one. They required that they would keep the old one(probably stock piling a bunch to send back to CHINA for reconditioning) Has anyone experienced their rangefinders losing power or burning out? I know these are "cheap" rangefinders, but for the price they do get, I would think that they would perform better than this. I should have expected it, coming from Bushnell. I am willing to try the Lecia 1200 after I see what their warrenty is, but now I am leary of all rangefinders. Would I be better off using mil-dots or rectical substention? Any way,LET THE BUYER BEWARE!
frown.gif

In my direct comparison of the Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 and the Leica 1200 (I own both), the Bushnell ranged much better. The Bushnell has been in service for 3 years and the Leica was new.
I sold the Leica and kept the Bushnell.
These laser rangfinders are much faster and a lot easier to use than mil dots. Considering their economical price, it is amazing what they can do.
shocked.gif

VH

I have had my YP1000 for over 3 years now I think, I have not had any problems with it. I just ranged to way beyond 1000 yards last month with it, frankly it surprizes me how well it works. You may have just got a lemon, that sucks no matter what is though.

The Nightforce R2 reticle works great for ranging, if you know what size the object is to begin with. The laser rangefinder can help you measure animals "parts" if your not sure for later use with the reticle when they're out of range of the laser though.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.