Bushnell 6500 Tactical

I guess I'm one of the few who are happy with my 6500.

I have a 20moa rail and can have shot out to 1200 yards. Didn't check to see how much travel was left, but that's far enough for me for now.

I'm also satisfied with the clarity of the glass. I found that I don't us max power very often. I found I like to shoot it around 15x and use 30x for light duty spotting.

I paid about $600 for mine and I'm ok with that. It does what I need it to.

You could always tell your wife you need a new flatter shooting rifle to go with this new scope that has limited verticle capabilites ...

Would it work on a .270 Allen Mag or something like that? :D

Tell my wife? I do not understand that statement. :)

The beauty about gun safes in the basement. She never sees what is coming and going. HOWEVER, she did question me when the 3rd safe was delivered.

I guess I'm one of the few who are happy with my 6500.

I have a 20moa rail and can have shot out to 1200 yards. Didn't check to see how much travel was left, but that's far enough for me for now.

I'm also satisfied with the clarity of the glass. I found that I don't us max power very often. I found I like to shoot it around 15x and use 30x for light duty spotting.

I paid about $600 for mine and I'm ok with that. It does what I need it to.

You bet you can shoot out to 1200 yards with the 20 MOA base. I bet you can"t get a 100 yard zero though. I am 11 inches high at 100 yds at the lowest setting on the elevation turret. However, I could hit 500m rams on that setting!

Last edited:
You bet you can shoot out to 1200 yards with the 20 MOA base. I bet you can"t get a 100 yard zero though. I am 11 inches high at 100 yds at the lowest setting on the elevation turret. However, I could hit 500m rams on that setting!

Yes, actually, I can get a 100 yard zero. With a couple MOA to spare.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.