Bushnell 4200

shortshooter

I am seriously thinking on trying out the bushy 6x24x50 with 30mm tube. Really getting close to pulling the trigger on one.

Question is, do they have repeatable adjustments and are they optically good enough for longer range work.

If someone has experiance with this unit please inform me of its merits or negatives.

It is either this or the Leupold LRT, but I was wanting to try something different than my Leupolds. Please advise, as I already have Leupold and need infor onthe bushy.

Thanks.

I have also been looking at them very hard. I have only read good things about them and would not mind to hear some more comments.

The new Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 is a great scope and highly recommended. We have sold a lot of these scopes with no complaints at all. People have been very impressed with them once they have seen them.

The new Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 is a great scope and highly recommended. We have sold a lot of these scopes with no complaints at all. People have been very impressed with them once they have seen them.

Thanks, would you be able to tell us how much vertical adjustment it has? Thanks again!

Ian has an article on here somewhere about these scopes as well as an article printed in the NRA magazine reviewing them.

I do believe I read it, if I recall correctly, he did not say how much adjustment you would have in them. Then again I could be wrong.:)

how would this scope stack up optically againist a leupy vxIII LRT 6.5x20-50 and how repeatable are the clicks?

How does Bushnells service stack up against Leupolds service track record. If anything did ever happen.

I like the features of this scope, but worry about service.

I have one on my 338/ 300 RUM, and several other Elites on other guns. They are incredible scopes for the money. Adjustments are repeatable on all of my 4000/ 4200's. I can see well enough to identify buck from doe at 500 yards under a half moon using 12 power (looking at deer on a golf course, not a brown field). They are advertised at 50 MOA, but mine only has 48 MOA. These scopes are noticeably brighter than the 1" tube, 50 mm Elites when compared power for power under moonlight. The 4200s have better resolution than the 3200s... not sure why. I compared mine to an 8 - 32 X 50mm Nightforce and there was a little increase in clarity in the Nightforce in bright sun, but not $1000 worth. At dusk, it was difficult to tell the difference between the two. They are made in Japan if that matters to you.

Good luck with your decision.

How does Bushnells service stack up against Leupolds service track record. If anything did ever happen.

I like the features of this scope, but worry about service.

I have had no problems with any of the Bushnell Elite scopes, but my father had to return a Bausch and Lomb 2- 7 X 32 Elite 3000 for a gas leak after Bushnell bought them out. The scope was either fixed or replaced (can't remember which) and has been used on everything from crossbows to 358 Win. lever guns since with no problems. Bushnell Elite scopes are one of the few scopes that are sealed in such a way that they can be used on springer air guns, crossbows, and high power rifles. They have a lifetime warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.