Burris veracity turret info

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Can someone explain to me how the Burris veracity turret system works? They look capped to me and then you pull the caps off and then have your adjustments. I've seen that on other scopes, but you can't hunt with them like that because they aren't waterproof without the caps on. Is this how the MADD system is on these scopes? Or can I just use the exposed turret and its fine if it gets wet?

thanks for any info

If you have time to dial you probably have enough time to remove the cap. If you dont have enough time to dial it has your hash Mark's for hold over.

I have a 3x15x50 Veracity scope and that is what I have figured out will be my gameplan. That is how I hunt my VX6 with boone and Crockett reticle too.

I have a 4-20 Veracity and during hunting season I left it exposed. Never had a problem with moisture. In fact this is the first I heard they were not water proof if cap was off. As Hoss50 said if you are worried you can use the hash marks in the scope.

I went and looked at my dads 5-25 and he has one cap that is a little taller that is meant to be the MOA style tactical turret.

The other cap has the adjustments like a normal scope but not a "tactical" exposed style turret. The cap goes over this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.