burris elimanator??!

I was just reading about the burris eliminator 4-12x42mm scope. It combines a laser range finder,ballistic computer,and a oled aiming system.apparently it ranges,computes bullet drop,and displays an illuminated aiming point,all in seconds! Range is 800yds.(reflective) and 500yds.(animal).accurate to +1/-1yd,.25moa adjust.,and 1100cycles per battery life. Is this to good to be true?? And the cost is around $869.00?! Has anyone else come accross this scope yet,and what do you think???? Thanks guys,.338magnumshooter.gun)

Has anyone else come accross this scope yet,and what do you think????

I've seen ads for them. It looks ok for limited resolution drop calculations (out to it's rangefinders limit) but it does nothing for calculating windage. I'd just a soon have an external calculator to combine wind and distance and get back both elevation and wndage offsets. It is a step in the right direction having an auto adjusting reticle, but it's only in one axis.

I'll wait until a unit also handles downrange crosswinds in two axes, moving target lead, air density correction, along with two axes automatic reticle adjustment. I don't think that's very far in the future. I don't have proof but I'm fairly certain scopes with those capabilities exist for military snipers. DARPA did a request for proposal nearly ten years ago for such a scope. I've heard nothing since but results would be classified.

I think the programs on the military channel showing US sniper contests using mil-dot scopes at under 1000 yards and missing more than they hit is just a snow job. They're rarely shown using even laser rangefinders or anemometers yet the technology for portable single ended downrange crosswind anemometers has existed for over 20 years. The cost, size, and power consumption surely have all fallen rapidly since then. I'm somewhat surprised NcStar or or Bushnell isn't already selling them.

Thanks lou,you're right on the money about the windage,and that's a huge factor! I also agree about the military snipers and what the goverment is using! I'm also confident that it will only be a matter of time before some manufacturer has a complete optics package,capable of all neccessary computations eliminating the need for wind meters,lsr.range finders,bullet drop charts,barometric pressures,etc...as those are neccassary,but add wieght,and take a long time to master.I'm with you,and will wait for the complete package to be released to the civilian populace,as I'm sure its just around the corner.in the mean time,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE!!!!...Thanks again for your feedback LOU!...338magnumshooter.

I am curious about its focal plane. The older laserscope model was designed for max power only, lower power will cause all of the shots to be too high past 200yd due to the rear focal plane.

Maybe they eliminated that problem with the new laserscope (eliminator).

Sure does sound like a cool scope!

good luck

My buddie just bought this scope and mounted it on his .308 POF. We've only begun to test it but things look promising out to 300 yards. Only complaint so far is that is seems unusually easy to get glare in the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.