Bullpup

thocon

I'm throwing this one out to the dogs! What do you think of a bullpup for a longrange gun,(pros:cons)?? I'm looking at my long,heavy mod 700 action,and the light came on.

There are a few bulpup bolt guns about. Ive seen some made in france. There is a repeater here in germany that works by the shooter cycling the action by pulling the pistol grip back wards.
you should be able to come up with something on a searhc engine..
pete

Shawn...any concern for the shooter having his face over the chamber. I mean, i know failures are rare but I just would feel nervous with my face right there at the expansion point.

Will you have ideas in place to port the gases etc away from a shooter's face?

Kyle

Do you mean muzzel blast or chamber?I feel what i had in mind is safer because you have one more piece of metal between you and the whole thing.I was gonna build one for my 50bmg,with 27 lb of barrel it seamed like a good idea to put it on my shoulder,not in front. Once you solve a problem,all the fun is over.

There will be an adjustable cheek piece that will help to shield you from gas, brass, etc. in the event of a ruptured case. I also vent the bolt body into the magazine box. In the event of an extreame failure (blow up) I am not sure it will matter much if your face is over the action with a cheekpiece shield or right in back of it with nothing. It was one of the first things that I thought about. Mine would be described best as a modular partial tube design.

I know what you mean,1 1/2x3inch tubing,it conseals everything.Also mine will sit on your shoulder,not in front.It will work great for breaks also,just mack the frame longer than the barrel or the same,and it will deflect ALL the gases away(conceled in the frame,muzzel end open).Also both grips will be at 45 of center line.As long as i'm doing it,it will fit right not like ones made.It's like everything else today,as long as it looks good someone will buy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.