Bullet travel above line of sight?

Beelzebub

So im clearing overhanging limbs on an overgrown 1000 yard single lane range. at 1000 yards I can kneel and easily see my target. Problem is, at about 700 yards I have some big oak limbs hanging over the lane.

Could someone help me find a calculator that shows actual flight of bullet above line of sight? I;m afraid I'm going to have to climb a ladder with a chainsaw and trim several 10" limbs to make sure I have a clean path to the target.

thanks in advance,
Beez

So im clearing overhanging limbs on an overgrown 1000 yard single lane range. at 1000 yards I can kneel and easily see my target. Problem is, at about 700 yards I have some big oak limbs hanging over the lane.

Could someone help me find a calculator that shows actual flight of bullet above line of sight? I;m afraid I'm going to have to climb a ladder with a chainsaw and trim several 10" limbs to make sure I have a clean path to the target.

thanks in advance,
Beez
Most any ballistics calc will do this. Simply enter your load ballistics in an choose 1,000 as your zero range. Then look at 700 yds for the bullet height above LOS

i've looked at about 10 and all I can get out of them is bullet drop. I've tried various phrases on google and can't get one. I know they exist because I've always seen them (until now at least)

If you change the zero distance to the range you intend to shoot, as del2les stated, the numbers under "drop" that do not show a minus sign (-) are how high the bullet is above not below the line of sight. Here is the generic data on JBM Ballistics, I just changed to a 1000 yard zero.
AE461AA4-F52B-4DC7-BE00-1E0718A971EB.jpeg

thanks in advance,
Beez
If you're shooting a 308, about 40ft should do it. lol

Also need to factor shooting position and target if same elevation and add to that if benchrest, uphill-downhill-level. Orkan may be right ;)

There are ways (simple ways really) to get the data but just clearing the 10-40ft zone from 500yrds to 800yrds will pretty well take care of you with just about any rifle that'll reach 1000yrds. That said, it might be best to just get rid of the tree.

thanks in advance,
Beez
Any ballistic program. Super easy accurate and free is Hornady on their site.

i've looked at about 10 and all I can get out of them is bullet drop. I've tried various phrases on google and can't get one. I know they exist because I've always seen them (until now at least)
Should have trajectory or throw it out. 😂

Hornady, Federal, Sierra just to name a few. Instead of laughing at me, why don't you offer up the one that you use? Thanks

Hornady, Federal, Sierra just to name a few. Instead of laughing at me, why don't you offer up the one that you use? Thanks
I did brother. Wooossaaaah was what my crew would say when another of us was getting all fired up. No one is laughing at you it's just text with no audible or visual clues for context of intent. Try the Hornady standard version on their site. Super easy to just fill in the asked for blanks.