Bullet Quality

I get not bashing a company, but don't see an issue with posting factual information.
I'm glad they took care of you, sounds like a good company.
Making irrational claims is one thing. Questioning qc with legitimate information is another.
I've seen plenty of bashing on Remington and nobody seems to care.
As mentioned everyone makes mistakes, it's not good when that happens. That info tends to spread quickly which leads to companies doing their best to prevent them.
This was not a negative post at all, and posts like this drive manufacturers to up their qc, leading to higher quality products in our hands. Of course, that comes at a price.
Nothing wrong with taking a picture of a product you bought and posting it. It could be the norm for all we know.
People bash hornady for their eld-x line all the time (which is a bullet I like) but I'll bash their brass all day. Big difference between discussing products and beating up on a company.

I get not bashing a company, but don't see an issue with posting factual information.
Making irrational claims is one thing. Questioning qc with legitimate information is another.
I've seen plenty of bashing on Remington and nobody seems to care.
As mentioned everyone makes mistakes, it's not good when that happens. That info tends to spread quickly which leads to companies doing their best to prevent them.
This was not a negative post at all, and posts like this drive manufacturers to up their qc, leading to higher quality products in our hands. Of course, that comes at a price.
Nothing wrong with taking a picture of a product you bought and posting it. It could be the norm for all we know.
People bash hornady for their eld-x line all the time (which is a bullet I like) but I'll bash their brass all day. Big difference between discussing products and beating up on a company.

Most are not aware of the LRH rules. Rule 7 is in place for this sort of issue. There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with companies or individuals you have done business with. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately. This rule applies whether the complaint is against a LRH Sponsor or not.

Last edited:
I agree........I have always believed in giving personal experiences with a product, that's what makes these threads of importance to others. They can read and make their own minds up. Now from what I'm seeing I can do this if my experience was good, but must not give my experience if it was not. Lot to consider I suppose...........

4 years ago is about when I bought most of my bullets they were great and consistent. But this box was ordered a few months ago. I'd say well over have of the box has what I would think is heavy to severe "jacket folding". The third picture has some of the worst ones that I could actually get in a picture.
That's just ****** quality control, not shipping damage.

Hadn't seen these before -- the 175's in .277. Haven't heard of Matrix before. Interested in giving them a shot. Where do you pick them up?

I have to say that there is a kernel of truth in the comment on who can be trashed and who cannot. Admittedly it's a fine line but the "tell" is in how quickly the response arrived.
I personally read the original inquiry as a benign request to gather information. Fortunately I'm able to come to my own conclusions whether popular or not.

Dirttrax, I agree with you. I view the tips as shipping damage, the folded jackets as a whoopsie that slipped by QC. It's manufacturing, and with the volume that the market wants, I'm sure poopie happens. Hats off to Matrix for how they took care of the issue and I will bet that this also helps them improve their business. With the quality of help that is out there looking for jobs today, it's hard to find good help that will actually work when at work, AND care about the job that they are doing.

I'm not one for bashing a company, but how are we as consumers to know how a company treats their customers without posts like the OP posted?? Thanks Cklies for the post and the follow up posts.

I have to say that there is a kernel of truth in the comment on who can be trashed and who cannot. Admittedly it's a fine line but the "tell" is in how quickly the response arrived.
I personally read the original inquiry as a benign request to gather information. Fortunately I'm able to come to my own conclusions whether popular or not.

Agreed! Sadly, not every can and some will lean towards the negative aspect as soon has clearly noted.

Dirttrax, I agree with you. I view the tips as shipping damage, the folded jackets as a whoopsie that slipped by QC. It's manufacturing, and with the volume that the market wants, I'm sure poopie happens. Hats off to Matrix for how they took care of the issue and I will bet that this also helps them improve their business. With the quality of help that is out there looking for jobs today, it's hard to find good help that will actually work when at work, AND care about the job that they are doing.

I'm not one for bashing a company, but how are we as consumers to know how a company treats their customers without posts like the OP posted??
Thanks Cklies for the post and the follow up posts.

No argument from me. However, there is always more than one way to achieve a goal. As I noted, it is best to address the issue directly with Matrix as they are the only one that can resolve the issue. In other words, what "I" am saying is, "I" would have waited for Matrix's response and then posted the OP, but that's just me.

As you noted, most of us can synthesize the information being presented but others simply cannot. Cheers!

Agreed! Sadly, not every can and some will lean towards the negative aspect as soon has clearly noted.

No argument from me. However, there is always more than one way to achieve a goal. As I noted, it is best to address the issue directly with Matrix as they are the only one that can resolve the issue. In other words, what "I" am saying is, "I" would have waited for Matrix's response and then posted the OP, but that's just me.

As you noted, most of us can synthesize the information being presented but others simply cannot. Cheers!

No argument from me. However, there is always more than one way to achieve a goal. As I noted, it is best to address the issue directly with Matrix as they are the only one that can resolve the issue.
In other words, what "I" am saying is, "I" would have waited for Matrix's response and then posted the OP, but that's just me.

Agreed, and in a perfect world that's what would have happened, and in a perfect world even THEN people would think he's bashing the company. I worked in R&D for a truck mfg, and part of my job was to write procedures/instructions for aftermarket installations or "fix it" issues. The amount of thinking and planning for the dumbest grain of the sandbox is tremendous. We had customers call, complain, and ask why we didn't put the size of the Phillips Screwdriver that they needed to use in the instructions.......

Other than waiting, "I" feel that he worded everything correctly and that's the only flaw with the OP post.

At least in this digital age it's easy for the brighter bulbs in the box to post and correct the people that only look at the negative side of things.

Agreed, and in a perfect world that's what would have happened, and in a perfect world even THEN people would think he's bashing the company. I worked in R&D for a truck mfg, and part of my job was to write procedures/instructions for aftermarket installations or "fix it" issues. The amount of thinking and planning for the dumbest grain of the sandbox is tremendous. We had customers call, complain, and ask why we didn't put the size of the Phillips Screwdriver that they needed to use in the instructions.......

Other than waiting, "I" feel that he worded everything correctly and that's the only flaw with the OP post.

At least in this digital age it's easy for the brighter bulbs in the box to post and correct the people that only look at the negative side of things.

Agreed ... and well said.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.