Bullet Give Away

HRstretch

Len,
Just wanted to thank you for the give away contests that you allow here on your site. As a recent winner of one of the gift certificates for the bullets, I am humbled by this chance and look forward to hearing from the manufacture about the prize.

Thanks again for providing us with these opputuinities to win some very useful products from your sponsers.

Len,
Just wanted to thank you for the give away contests that you allow here on your site. As a recent winner of one of the gift certificates for the bullets, I am humbled by this chance and look forward to hearing from the manufacture about the prize.

Thanks again for providing us with these opputuinities to win some very useful products from your sponsers.

Was that Cutting Edge? If so, I'd be happy to see you do a write-up of your experience with the bullet: Initial impression, loading, accuracy & terminal performance.

t

Yes this was the Cutting Edge bullet give away contest. I was one of the four lucky winners.
I believe I will look at getting one of there. 284 bullets and shoot them out of my 7meeting mm STW. My brother in-law has a range set up out to 930 yards so once i develope the load I should be able to stretch it's legs.

Right now I shoot 140go grn Bergers hunting bullet and 140 grn Accubond. I load the Accubonds in the magazine and single load the Bergers. I have not needed a follow up shot for the Bergers yet and even had a 250 yard hard quartering shot on a New Mexico mule deer that penetrated about 18" to reach heart and lung. Both Bergers and Accubonds are within an inch of POI at 200 yards.

I will be glad to right up my experience once i get the bullets in.

If I may challenge you a little bit. Select the heaviest CEB that you can that will stabilize in your rifle, you just may find out that 140's are best left to chamberings with smaller cajones...

t

I understand the suggestion but man the 140's kill with such authority with most of my hunting situations. 168 and 175you SMKs shoot well also for my long range pokes so will likely go that route with these bullets. I have a spot that I think I can get some pigs to stop long enough to sling cooper at around 980 yards so will develope something for that end.

Re: Cutting Edge Bullet Give Away

I just heard from the Cutting Edge bullets people yesterday, wahooo. Seems that Andy Backus had already sent two emails to me, but they went to my Spam folder. Sorry Andy for not checking that folder. If Ken, with Cutting Edge bullets, had not sent an email, I would have missed out on this great gift.

Just a heads up on any of the other winners, check your spam folders or make sure you have a good email in your contact information. If you havent heard from Andy Backus yet you may want to send him a private message. I had been checking for a private message or email and had also been checking Facebook, I never for once thought to check the spam folder.

I will start a new thread once I get the bullets and discuss my load development.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.