Bull S*%$!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NONYA, Sep 7, 2008.

1. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Saw tons of it today and had 2 bugleing at my cow calls but they wouldnt come out of the thick blowdown/brush so I could poke a hole in one.Still early for the rut here but the weather has been cold and wet so we may get a real rut this year.After two attempts at these bulls I whacked a limit of grouse for dinner,much easier to pack out! :thumb
    [​IMG]

2. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

you sure those weren't other hunters calls?

3. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Im sure,unless of course other hunters have big blond bodies,antlers,smell like elk piss and push cow elk in front of them,this isnt a spot where other hunters would be.Ive been at this long enough to know the difference.gun)

4. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

When I saw the title of Bull S*%$! and the poster I knew I was on LRH !!!!!!
    UB

5. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Another priceless piece of UB's wisdom.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  6. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good laugh uncleB:D
    +1

7. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Better make that +2!

8. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

I'll see that, and raise you +3 LOL!!:D

9. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I wonder if there could be a smaller weapon to gather grouse. The one time it tried the reduced load w/the 270 Win and 90gr bullets I busted a small herd of elk on the other side of a small mahogany clearing.

That really torqued my jaws. Thus the quietness of an arrow would be a good thing.

It's nice to just be among the elk. I've been messing around behind the house practicing my "sneaking" skills. It's kind of fun. Next time I'll bring a camera. BTW, I don't do the archery thing.:(

10. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

Roy, get one of those pellet guns. i got a Benjamin Sheridan for my boy and that thing's more fun than lickin toad backs! you could have some great hunts for grouse and not kick the elk out. i'm gonna take mine hunting squirrels this fall.

11. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I was just messin with ya hence the smiley face. I figured you knew the diff between an out of state wanna be and the real deal.

12. NONYA

NONYA Banned

gun)Slingshot is the second weapon of choice,tuning up on grouse with the bow is more fun.