Bull S*%$!

NONYA

Saw tons of it today and had 2 bugleing at my cow calls but they wouldnt come out of the thick blowdown/brush so I could poke a hole in one.Still early for the rut here but the weather has been cold and wet so we may get a real rut this year.After two attempts at these bulls I whacked a limit of grouse for dinner,much easier to pack out! :thumb
08grouse-bow.jpg

Im sure,unless of course other hunters have big blond bodies,antlers,smell like elk **** and push cow elk in front of them,this isnt a spot where other hunters would be.Ive been at this long enough to know the difference.gun)

When I saw the title of Bull S*%$! and the poster I knew I was on LRH !!!!!!
UB

I wonder if there could be a smaller weapon to gather grouse. The one time it tried the reduced load w/the 270 Win and 90gr bullets I busted a small herd of elk on the other side of a small mahogany clearing.

That really torqued my jaws. Thus the quietness of an arrow would be a good thing.

It's nice to just be among the elk. I've been messing around behind the house practicing my "sneaking" skills. It's kind of fun. Next time I'll bring a camera. BTW, I don't do the archery thing.:(

Roy, get one of those pellet guns. i got a Benjamin Sheridan for my boy and that thing's more fun than lickin toad backs! you could have some great hunts for grouse and not kick the elk out. i'm gonna take mine hunting squirrels this fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts