Build or have built, modify or have modified

Wow, thanks for all the great responses, from bench racer to Ohioman to all of them, all advice has been well taken, I do believe there are a few things I'm going to look at as far as my loads go, I believe I need to be a little more anal with the treatment of my brass before each loading. As far as that goes I'm seating with about .002 in he neck and neck sizing only, not sure the brand on the brass. My velocities are within 20-25 fps on my chrony, let me know if that's an acceptical number. Once again, thanks for all the input.

Get that velocity difference down to 10ish, the lower the better, and you will see results down range. The top guys at our local fclass full length size every time, so do I. Mind you one of these guys is nationally ranked and holds a world record, almost broke another one at regionals.

That's interesting to hear about the full length sizing, like I said I'm here to learn.

Also check your brass for volume by filling them with H2O. If they are all cut to the same length and sized the same outside dimensions and there is a different in volume that will have an effect. Some people weight brass instead but I have found numerous times the extra weight comes from extra brass in the area of the rim and case head that has no effect on internal volume. It could be in the case wall but measuring volume with water or any other liquid will tell you what is really going on in terms of internal volume and dimensions.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.