budget minded performance rifle

dave elliott

howdy folks, dave from western washington. i enjoy the forums. lots of great questions and advice. recently i set out to build a budget conscious rifle/scope combo for the average guy. before i dive into that tho let me tell you that my do-all rifle is a win mod 70 super shadow 300 wsm with a zeiss conquest 3x9x40 rapid z 600 reticle. having said that i chose a brand new marlin xl7 in 25-06. this will be used strictly for deer sized animals. for the scope i chose a redfield revenge 4x12x42 with the varmit reticle. the combo is a trackdriving machine and a joy to shoot. the entire set up ran just under 600 american dollars.my final zero at 100 yds was 15/16 with rem core lokt 120 psp. it would have been about half that but i had a called third shot flyer. im interested on any feedback or questions. respectfully, big dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.