Brunton Spotting Scopes

MNwalleyehunter

I was at a local banquet and won a 50% Brunton certifcate. I don't have any Brunton optics and am really unfamiliar with their stuff. After looking online, it seems they have some entry level stuff and then they make a BIG jump to the $4400 spotting scope. Does anyone have any knowledge of there scopes? I tried looking for reviews and there doesn't seem to be many, so I don't know if people just don't buy them or they are new.

Thanks for your help.

MNwalleyehunter

Brunton is weird that way. They have entry level stuff and then jump to great stuff. I have not looked through the high dollar spotter. I have looked at one of the others a few years back and honestly it wasnt that impressive. It however was competitively priced for what you got. I saved up and went a different route. Doug from Cameraland, a site sponsor, raved about the Brunton riflescopes, Maybe you need one of those?

I've looked through quite a few Brunton optics. The high end Brunton binos have been good, but not great. I thought they were a bit over-priced. They're probably a good deal at 50% off. I don't know about the spotting scopes.

Brunton has been in and out of the riflescope business a couple of times. I looked at the latest crop of riflescopes at the last SHOT Show. Every one I looked through had high glare and low contrast. In my opinion, they probably are fine for general recreational shooting, but not for big game hunting, where image contrast can be critical.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.