Brownings new X Bolt Eclipse Target-------

As my very first baby steps into the long range world I have been talking with a buddy with Browning for sometime and he told me of a new gun Browning was introducing this spring. Ive been patiently waiting and i see they now have them listed on their website and as soon as he can get his hands on it I am getting one of these in 6.5 Creedmoor. For optics I will be putting a Vortex Viper PST 6x24 with the EBR-2C MOA reticle.

I need help with a rail, rings, etc. There are so many out there I don't know where to start. Any tips on these?

All winter ive been stocking up on supplies and im sitting on many hundred bullets from hornadays-bergers, 10,000 primers, 16 lbs of powder, and 50 hornaday brass. Obviously I need some brass! lol

I have a place locally I can shoot out to about 1100 yards here in the Brainerd area so once I get everything assembled and it warms up a bit ill finally be able to understand what you all have been talking about here.

thanks again and looking forward to posting my progress

Michael

link to gun

X-Bolt Eclipse Target, Bolt-Action Target Rifle, Browning Firearms Product

Thanks,

with the 50 mm objective can I get away with the mediums or do you think ill need the high mounts?

im thinking high but I don't know

michael

Those rings should be fine with lows. I'm running those same rings (low height) on a 20MOA EGW base with a Vortex 6-24x50 and it clears them just fine.

If they offered one in a 7mm RemMag, I might consider one...But neither of the calibers intrigue me. I already have a .300WM, and no interest in the slightest for the 6.5 Creed...

Should be an awesome rifle! I have an abolt2 in 300wm that shoots really good. Been dreaming of 6.5x284 wish they made same one your getting in 6.5x284 I'd be on it like a rat on a cheeto!

well after a little bit of a wait these rifles shipped out, and here is mine. Im waiting on my vortex and it should be here before next week, then I can start tinkering with her. As far as now I couldn't wait to see what it looked like with a scope so I stuck a Nikon p223 I had in the safe on it, but still haven't shot it... range report coming up soon I hope.

michael

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.