Browning x bolt opinions

I so hope I can buy that game scout stock for my X bolt. I've been wanting to upgrade the stock and that's exactly what I was looking for. I may need to build a 6.5 SAUM on that action now.

I just got an email from browning confirming:

"Yes sir, that is in fact true. I believe we are the only company to offer an aftermarket stock for the browning X Bolt at this time. The Game scout is the only stock we can inlet for the X-Bolt."

I replied asking if you can get them in edge fill.

I had an Xbolt 270wsm that shot 1/2moa right after barrel break in with DoubleTap 130gr Accubonds. Not bad for a full factory rig. It was the Eclipse Hunter version and was a great all around gun.

I so hope I can buy that game scout stock for my X bolt. I've been wanting to upgrade the stock and that's exactly what I was looking for. I may need to build a 6.5 SAUM on that action now.

That is what I am hoping to do with mine before season this year.

Nice shooting! I just bought a Savage Weather Warrior in 270WSM. I was looking at the Browning at the same time and had ta make a choice. I liked that the Browning had a 26" barrel.
Just didnt know how they shot. I'll finish Barrel break in this weekend and see how she shoots, I owned two brownings before. One 270 A Bolt, shot great, some of the smallest groups Ive shot. The brake on it made it feel like a 243. The other a 338 BAR couldnt get that one to shoot good at all. Hope I didnt make the wrong choice

I have a carbon stainless in 7mm-08 and it shoots every load I feed it accurately..it shoots my pet load that I developed for my Cooper 22 almost as accurately as my Cooper does at well under half the cost

I took mine for a ride today. My only complaint other than the stock being flimsy is that the metal finish could be better. Before I coated it it would rust as soon as a cloud came over head. **** thing will shoot though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 204
I don't own one but am considering one as an economical alternative to a $4k+ custom. My research indicates they are one of the better production rifles.

R

I realize I'm a year late to the party of the OP but I'm bored so here is my $.02
I own a xbolt in a 7mm rem mag & with reloads it shoots lights out, a ragged hole @100 yds, & 1&1/4 in @ 400 yds. The only thing I don't care for is the trigger & only because it's a little heavy for me (3-3.5 is as low as it goes from factory) It breaks great & obviously my groups don't suffer but I'm spoiled as I run 2 lb triggers on all my other set-ups. As far as the $$$ for buying a factory produced rifle I'm very happy well except the trigger lol. Timney has been working on a xbolt trigger for 3 years now, not quite sure what the hold up is. Jard makes an aftermarket for the xbolt but I'm not very familiar with them & for $240 I'm just a little hesitant.

I have a basic stainless stalker xbolt in 300WSM and I'm a big fan. I have spent $10k on a couple other rifles this year and the xbolt is still a favorite and is very accurate. It took a couple hundred break in rounds to get there but its there. The 26 Nosler is too much of a good thing IMO, there are numerous other chamberings I'd prefer (almost all of them). The one-piece talley lightweights are a good choice in a hunting rifle.

My only complaints are that the factory synthetic stock is flimsy and there are no aftermarket triggers. That said i really like the shape of the stock and the trigger is pretty good, it just feels heavy coming off a 2 lb timney. Browning just released a long range model that comes in a mcmillan game scout stock, I can only hope that means micky will do xbolt inlets soon!

X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range McMillan
Timney makes a great trigger. $180.00 at Midway.

I realize I'm a year late to the party of the OP but I'm bored so here is my $.02
I own a xbolt in a 7mm rem mag & with reloads it shoots lights out, a ragged hole @100 yds, & 1&1/4 in @ 400 yds. The only thing I don't care for is the trigger & only because it's a little heavy for me (3-3.5 is as low as it goes from factory) It breaks great & obviously my groups don't suffer but I'm spoiled as I run 2 lb triggers on all my other set-ups. As far as the $$$ for buying a factory produced rifle I'm very happy well except the trigger lol. Timney has been working on a xbolt trigger for 3 years now, not quite sure what the hold up is. Jard makes an aftermarket for the xbolt but I'm not very familiar with them & for $240 I'm just a little hesitant.
Midway sells the Timney trigger every day.

Midway sells the Timney trigger every day.
Yes they do now. On both of my xbolts I did have to make a very minor tweek to the inside of the stock. I had to shave/sand down a very little bit the inside of the stock where it comes into contact to with the right side of the trigger area. Very easy & took 5 mins. If this is something your not comfortable with then mcarbo does now offer a spring kit for I think $15 shipped. Also was very easy to install & brought the pull down to 2.25-2.5lbs.