Browning X-Bolt Accuracy Problems

I have the X-bolt in 6.5 CM. Hells Canyon. Shoots 122G Gorilla Hunt ammo the best. 200 yards, about 1" groups if I'm on a rear bag. Not sure why, but it loves the light ammo from this off brand, Gorilla Hunt..

Swap scopes, let another shooter, shoot it. Send it back to Browning. Wood stock "may" be the problem. Is it free floated from action all the way?

The X-Bolt Speed Long Range will shoot the 143 ELDX factory under an inch EASY

I have a browning X-Bolt 6.5CM.

I have attempted to shoot Hornady Precision Hunter 143 GR, and Browning BXR 129 GR ammunition.

I haven't had any luck with either holding a decent group at 100 yards.

Does anyone else have a similar rifle? What works for you?

And has anyone else had any flaws with either of these ammunitions.

Hand Loading is not an option for me, so please do not suggest it. thank you.
Recently bought a 300WM xblot max LR could not get it to shoot better than 4" at 100yds. Did not hand load. Used hornady el

I have attempted to shoot Hornady Precision Hunter 143 GR, and Browning BXR 129 GR ammunition.

Hand Loading is not an option for me, so please do not suggest it. thank you.[/QUOTE

Recently purchased a xbolt LR max in 300WM
Loved the looks, the action, but this dog would not hunt. 4" groups were the best. NF 8x32 NXS. Tried 8 different premium factory loads. To no avail. Hornady Superformance with GMX 165 had to beat open the bolt, and beat it back to remove the case.
Returned the rifle to where purchased.
The same model two serial numbers later purchased by a friend the same day, had the same identical issues. Their quality control is seriously lacking.
Yes all mounts and screws were torqued. A poorly crowned or poorly chambered barrel is junk....

How many rounds do you have on the browing x bolt? It's possible that the barrel has sped up with the same load?

I have yet to see eldx handloads or factory ammo shoot under 1". Eldm are another story. They shoot tiny groups.. Eldm also work awesome on game 147eldm at 2690fps 6.5 creed. Bull elk 180 yards to the boiler room. 2" entry. No exit. Lungs GONE. Tipped over DRT... 108 Eldm buck antelope at 662, muzzle velocity 2800 in a 17" barrel. . Bullet size entry and a 2" exit, ran 20 yards. DEAD. Lungs completely munched. We have also shot several coyotes and prairie dogs with 75 Eldm 22 cal and 108 Eldm 6 creed and they flat tear em up. Pdogs go flying. Coyotes have HUGE exit holes. They are a wicked hunting bullet

I have yet to see eldx handloads or factory ammo shoot under 1". Eldm are another story. They shoot tiny groups.. Eldm also work awesome on game 147eldm at 2690fps 6.5 creed. Bull elk 180 yards to the boiler room. 2" entry. No exit. Lungs GONE. Tipped over DRT... 108 Eldm buck antelope at 662, muzzle velocity 2800 in a 17" barrel. . Bullet size entry and a 2" exit, ran 20 yards. DEAD. Lungs completely munched. We have also shot several coyotes and prairie dogs with 75 Eldm 22 cal and 108 Eldm 6 creed and they flat tear em up. Pdogs go flying. Coyotes have HUGE exit holes. They are a wicked hunting bullet
I have had better results with the eldm over the eldx as well.

If this rifle is new you may be witnessing the barrel breaking in. Some barrels require upwards of 80 rounds through them to get them broken in. Once broken in they shoot differently than when they were virgin, and more consistently.

If this rifle is new you may be witnessing the barrel breaking in. Some barrels require upwards of 80 rounds through them to get them broken in. Once broken in they shoot differently than when they were virgin, and more consistently.
This is true. What load that worked well when barrel was newer may not work as well after 80-100 rounds. Velocity probably will change with same load as before.

Hand Loading is not an option for me, so please do not suggest it. thank you.

Try federal 140gr nontypicals. They've shot good in 5 different factory rifles for me. I've heard that the 129 grain accubond lr in the Winchester expidition has shot well in many different factory rifles as well.

You are wasting time and money switching bullets and ammo at this point. You have something else wrong. Switch scopes and shooter first to confirm not the scope or you. THEN you can narrow it down. Make sure no base screws touching the bolt inside the action. Finally, call Browning, bet they will want it back to check it. Not good PR like it is

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.