Browning Smiths?

big mike 2121

Hey guys,

anyone know of any Browning smiths out there. Liking that A-bolt long range hunter in 7 mag, but want to know if there is anyone out there to work on it for customizing. like to have a brake put on and maybe trigger work.

Brownings aren't a favorite of gunsmiths throughout the country, but they are still a great rifle. If you're looking for big upgrades like barrels they can be had but finding guys to install the barrel may be difficult. McMillan, Bell and Carlson and others offer great stock upgrades if you feel that you need it.

A "good" gunsmith can put a brake on for you and trigger work is a snap to get to around 2# with a Timney trigger spring set (around $20 from Midway). The Timney spring upgrade is worth every dollar. They are easy to DIY and it really gives the Browning trigger a great feel.

+1 on the hunt for a good browning rebarrel smith.

As for trigger and muzzle brake, almost any smith will do those.

Dennis Gentry(Gentry Customs), he put a new Brux on my A-bolt stainless stalker, he even built me a new recoil lug because the factory lug was offset(tennon hole off center). He did the trigger 10 years ago at 1-1/2 lbs and it is more crisp than any Timney, or Rifle Basix that I have. He also bedded the barreled action in a McMillan Browning classic with edge tech and the fit and finish is great.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.