Browning m1000

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Dowierj, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Dowierj

Dowierj Member

Im looking to replace my Remington 700 Police which was stolen. I have narrowed my caliber down to a 300 win mag and my choices of rifles are a sendaro or a browning m1000. I have not found any info on the M1000. I do not like buying used guns but i have a really great deal on the M1000. I have yet to talk to the previous ownder but the gun looks mint and upon taking apart the rifle i have found no rubbing on the barrel or any of the parts. I want this rifle to shoot sub moa becuase it will become my 1000yrd rifle. Any advice?

2. Sask_Hunter

Sask_Hunter Active Member

go with the remington. then ill show you how to shoot it. we'll be the coolest guys on the range with our shiny new remingtons.

3. skidlyman

skidlyman Well-Known Member

before you make any hasty decisions, take a good look at the Savage 110 FP in 300WM $572 list probably be had for around $500 or lessSavage Arms [​IMG]

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited by: skidlyman ]

4. DANTEC

DANTEC Well-Known Member

I agree that Savage is a better choice , better average quality , better accuracy , now a lot of after market product ...

good shooting

DAN TEC

5. Exhaust3

Exhaust3 Well-Known Member

Stick with Remington Sendero, better stock, better resale value, tons of aftermarket parts and of course the Legendary Rem 700 action. Not many bench and custom rifles 'outta dem savages!! [​IMG]

6. Dowierj

Dowierj Member

Shut up Byron, You saw me call up u.p.s on that target! "delivery"

7. Sask_Hunter

Sask_Hunter Active Member

do what Do-Gun said. take what ever one you want and put that M1 on it. then it will be a major delivery. and you wont need u.p.s any more.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited by: Sask_Hunter ]

8. Brian Rybicky

Brian Rybicky Well-Known Member

Savage Bvss, .153 group outa 25-06 at 100 yards need i say more?