Browning A-Bolt issues

I just called the service center and they were very helpful. Walked me through the process of shipping my rifle to them. Give them a call and maybe they can check out your warranty and see if they can help you. Email is too slow most places right now.
Thanks and I will - I am in SC and there's a service center 2 hours away I was going to take it to. That's who I emailed and I haven't heard back from.
I may try calling them directly first, but if I don't get a response I'll call the Browning number.

Browning is not accepting walk-ins I was going to take mine to the one in Missouri but they said no.
Thanks and I will - I am in SC and there's a service center 2 hours away I was going to take it to. That's who I emailed and I haven't heard back from.
I may try calling them directly first, but if I don't get a response I'll call the Browning number.

Hey Chadp82, I also reload and have been having major issues (see my 2 replies above). I have done the following to try and fix the problem, but have resigned myself to not using the specific bullet causing the jamming - Federal 150 gr Power-Shok softpoints.
I tried trimming cases to 2.000 (.010 less than max), seating bullet from 2.810 down to 2.630, tightening crimp, deburring cases before, etc. All measurements are in spec according to both Speer #9 and several online listings for 308, but this 1 bullet continues to jam when trying to chamber it.
I heard mention that Brownings are known to have tight chambers, but this is rediculous - I can only figure that because the ogive is farther forward (the bullet is short and fat) it is pressing into the lands earlier and that is causing the jamming. I don't want to have to seat the bullet down to short and have other issues...

Other issue I have is cleaning the recessed open area right before the chamber - how did you get in there? I found some small pieces of barss in there I think are from the jamming - they are scratching my cases. I cleaned as well as I could, but only way I could get in there was wrapping a cleaning swatch around a bronze brush and trying to swirl it around in there - not totally effective and I think I'm going to have to make a special tool just for this gun to clean that area out. I like how it shoots, but am getting frustrated with all the special issues I'm finding with it....
What I found works for me is a shotgun swab with some solvent. I think I used a 410 gauge swab??? (Don't have it handy to look at the moment) It's snug enough to touch the outer walls and forward if you attach to a short cleaning rod. You can lay a patch over it if you choose, but I find myself fishing the patch out after as it doesn't stay attached. I have also used aerosol type solvent with the straw and a long q tip to get into the nooks and crannies but the shotgun swab seems to be a little quicker and easier. I recently picked up some birch wood chamber swabs that are a single use type item, but didn't work great.

What I found works for me is a shotgun swab with some solvent. I think I used a 410 gauge swab??? (Don't have it handy to look at the moment) It's snug enough to touch the outer walls and forward if you attach to a short cleaning rod. You can lay a patch over it if you choose, but I find myself fishing the patch out after as it doesn't stay attached. I have also used aerosol type solvent with the straw and a long q tip to get into the nooks and crannies but the shotgun swab seems to be a little quicker and easier. I recently picked up some birch wood chamber swabs that are a single use type item, but didn't work great.
Thanks - I have a a couple shotgun swabs and will try that (esp since I don't have a shotgun right now - smile).
That will get in the chamber good (the swatch around the large bronze brush worked well too - the brush held tight to the swab.
The area I'm having most trouble with is that area between the loading ramp and the chamber - there is that recessed area around the chamber - about 3/8 in in length and about 1/4 inch deep all around - That's where my brass pieces were collecting. I want to make sure I get them all out so they stop scratching my cases - and hopefully not the chamber either.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.