Broughton 5c Barrels

dakor

Is any one using these barrels? Are you getting better Accuracy, and Velocity like they claim? Are you having any trouble with bullets comming apart in fast twist barrels?

I have got one on now and another on the way. Getting about 50-75 fps over previous barrel. That seems to be the norm with everyone using them.

It is faster, easier to clean and have never heard of problem with bullets coming apart and I have seen a lot of them shot over the last 3 yrs.

Lot of records and matches been won with them. In last two years in particular way more than their fair share. Right now, by all accounts he is building the most consistent and one of the most accurate (if not the most) barrels made.

His attention to detail is what sets him apart.

He is also running a slight taper (.0001) towards the muzzle and this seems to lead to better accuracty. See the Feg Precision shooting and Mar for an article by Calfee on this very thing.

BH

Thank you BH for the info. Troy I tried to reply to your email but it keeps comming back to me. Can you send me a email on what your barrel has for a twist and how much you are looking to get for it and is it SS? Also what do you think the barrel weighs?

Ditto on what BH said- I use their barrel exclusively and am totally happy! Awesome barrel and Tim North is a great guy to do business with!!!

Alright you guys have me talked into it but what would really help is if you could talk someone else into it if you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will be re barreling my 7mm STW Sendero in the fall at the rate I am shooting it. I have probably 1400 rounds through it right now and I shoot 50 rounds or so a weekend through it. Although I never get it hot anything more than luke warm I let the barrel cool down so my luck it will last 3000 rounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again for the info guys!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.