Broken scope, need opions on replacement

I think this was your best move, of the options being considered. Pretty sure you'll see better with the SIII than with the Leupy VX-3.

I think this was your best move, of the options being considered. Pretty sure you'll see better with the SIII than with the Leupy VX-3.

I sure hope so. I am planning on dialing in yardage with this scope, and a smith I know has just started making custom turrets for the sightrons. Now scope needs to hurry up and git here, I still have a cow elk tag and plan on going for whitetail in Sundance Thanksgiving weekend and I plan on using the big 338 for both. Now I need to see about buying some tipped tripple shocks and giving them a try.

Don't worry, I checked the used scopes on this site. I also considered a Zeis Conquest and found a new one on ebay that ended up selling for 759.00 a good deal to be sure, but auctions are all about two people wanting the same thing. Maybe I will hear back from sightron soon about my broken scope. At this point, I am really looking forward to the VX-3 with the new lens coatings and the 30mm tube
I think you'll be very happy with your Leupold VX3. Someone at Leupold finally looked up and realized a lot of hunters want good to great glass, not a dished out objective bell that can double as kitty pooper-scooper. Leupold has made some major changes in their product line in a fairly short time, and better glass and coatings are some of those changes.

SIGHTRON CAME THROUGH! I have a brand new bright and shiny scope in my hands, not even a charge for shipping. THAT IS AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE MAIN REASON I ORDERED A NEW SIGHTRON SIII. THUMBS UP TO SIGHTRON!

Nice to know.

You'll be a Sightron fan for awhile now I bet. Plus like I said - I believe you've got better glass and resolution than with Leupy VX-3.

Now go harvest that elk and whitetail!

That is awesome customer service from Sightron. I just got my first Sightron, it's the SIII 6-24x50 MD and it is definately one nice scope. Great optics and tracks perfectly. I did a box test using a Hoppes 100 yd rifle target, each corner target is 8" horizontal and vertical from the next. I worked my way aroung the target and if you were to transpose all quadrants, it would have been a one hole group. I've never had a scope that tracked as well as this. Good luck with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.