Bringing home a NF scope.

Sean223

We'll guys what's your thoughts on this?
As am heading out to my cousins in California USA soon for 3 weeks, was looking at bring some glass home, by what I've found out so far it can get a bit confusing. So is there anything I can do or anybody I have to speak to in order for this to work. The scope I was looking at was a NF atacr. Mybe I should be looking at a different scope that would be less hassle but just as good to bring home. Any help Or info would be great. Thanks. Drop me a pm if you like.

One of the questions I haven't been able to find an answer to is whether export/import paperwork needs to be filed for a temporary importation to Canada for a hunt. I have the ATACR and a Terrapin that have the ITAR restrictions. I'm planning to get a 2nd ATACR and it would really be disappointing if I needed to put a lesser scope on the rifles to hunt in Canada.

When I did a search, I found a Yahoo question that was answered with "it is yours, you can do whatever you want," which is a really bad answer.

-David

One of the questions I haven't been able to find an answer to is whether export/import paperwork needs to be filed for a temporary importation to Canada for a hunt. I have the ATACR and a Terrapin that have the ITAR restrictions. I'm planning to get a 2nd ATACR and it would really be disappointing if I needed to put a lesser scope on the rifles to hunt in Canada.

When I did a search, I found a Yahoo question that was answered with "it is yours, you can do whatever you want," which is a really bad answer.

-David

Lol that is a bad answer. There has to be somebody out there that has done this or nows something about the documentation required. I've got about 6 months till am going, that should be anof time to sort the paper work out if I could get it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.