• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Brand New NULA model 24 in 280 Ackley

jamiebolseth

I have a brand new New Ultra Light Arms Model 24 in 280 Ackley Improved for sale made by Melvin Forbes.

The reason I'm selling is because I placed an order for two of these rifles (the other is in 6.5x47) 15 months ago (Nov. 2015). At the time Melvin said that he would have the rifles done in 5 months and I wanted the 280AI for a backcountry elk hunt that I had planned in the fall of 2016. Well I just got these rifle last week. I'm keeping the 6.5x47 for a sheep rifle, but I had to buy a different rifle for my 2016 elk hunt, so now I've got two 280 AI's. Since this one is brand new I'm going to sell it for exactly what I paid for it. So here's a chance for you to own a brand new NULA without the year plus wait!

The rifle weighs 5lbs. 3oz. with the scope mounts (but not including the scope). It's got a 24" number 2 contour barrel. It was test fired 4 times by Melvin to zero the scope. His target is included and as you can see from the picture, he shot one shot made an adjustment to zero, then shot about a 0.3" thre shot group.

The price is $3800 shipped. That's $3600 for the base rifle. Then I upgraded to a stainless steel barrel for $68. Had the rifle cerakoted $85. And had an extra sling stud screw installed for a bipod rail $50. Total of $3800 shipped to your FFL in a plastic case. The scope that is pictured is a brand new Leupold VX6 with the TMOA reticle, and the zero lock low profile elevation turret with a capped windage turret. I ordered this scope directly from the Leupold custom shop, and had it sent directly to Melvin a year ago. If you would like the scope I will include it for an additional $1000 (paid $1300).

Please email me at [email protected] with questions or for pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86
Forgot to mention a few things. Length of pull is standard 13.5 inches. Also the scope is a Leupold VX6 3-18x44 VX6.

Who did the cerakoting and what all did they coat? Looks like the bolt is not coated?
Thanks!

Hello - I replied to your email, but will include the answer here for everybody else too.

Melvin did the cerakoting. The barrel is cerakoted as well as the action. The bolt handle appears to be cerakoted (I haven't looked too closely at it), but not the bolt itself.

I just received this rifle directly from Melvin about a week ago with the scope that I sent him mounted to it. So it literally is exactly as it came from Melvin.

Thanks!

I've been asked a couple of times if I'd consider trades. I really would prefer to just sell the rifle outright as I'm trying to downsize a bit, but there are a couple of rifles I might consider for partial or total trades.

1) Fast Twist 22-250 by a reputable builder.
2) A 6.5 SAUM by a reputable builder in a hunting weight rifle.

Either of those rifles would be something I'd consider.

Thanks for looking.

Jamie Bolseth

Recent Posts