brake for my new 300 rum

hapycapy

Thanks for all your help, I have chosen the 300 rum for my elk trip. Can anyone tell me how much a brake will help with recoil, how much they cost, and any suggestions on what kind i should use.

Had a 7 RUM sendero. Had Nate Dagily form Striaghtshotgunsmithing send me one of his V breaks and had it installed localy. Cost 150.00 total and it kicks less than my rem PSS 308. It simply amazing the amount of recoil reduction.

With that said I would not look past Shawn's break or the new Pain killer form Kirby Allen.

Willys

I have a 300 RUM Sendero with one of Nathans Vport breaks on and it shoots awsome, can shoot all day running 210gr Bergers no problem :)

I have one of Shawn's on my 300RUM. It's the only gun I've ever put a brake on but I would compare the recoil to something less than .308. Surprisingly, it's no where near as loud as I had anticipated. I would recommend it though my experience is limited. I could shoot it all day if I could afford to.

The man himself installed it for me and the cost for brake and installation was $175 I think.

I had a Vais (spelling?) break installed on my .300 Winmag. Now, I wouldn't shoot the thing without it. It tames the recoil. It cost about $150 bucks to have installed by a gunsmith. It may cost more if they have to pull the barrell off the gun, but hopefully they can do it without such drastic measures.

I have a friend with and without the break on .300 RUMS. I wouldn't bother shooting the RUM without the break.
Terry in Glendale ARizona

I had a DE muzzle brake put on my 300 WM and to me and my buddy (who shoots a 243) has less recoil then his 243. I like it. Makes shooting the gun 10 times better, now that i don't have to worry about the recoil. This was my first muzzle brake ever.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.