Bp express with black horn 209

TakeAim0331

Good afternoon to all of you long range ML shooters

has anyone tried the Blackhorn 209 Powder on the BP EXPRESS made by Ultimate Firearms?

I have read most of the BH 209 results with all other ML in the market.

I am looking to see if any one has tried the BH and seen the results on their BP EXPRESS?

BH requires significantly more power on the ignition end than any other substitute. If I recall the Ultimate guns use a modified 45ACP ignition system and rifle primers. I would call or email them and ask, I do know similar ignition systems in other guns (25ACP conversions) are not reliable. This powder really was designed for 209 ignition. The flame channel distance in any ML is much much longer than a cartridge.

Read the post on here by CEG2860 and all the replys.Also go to the National Muzzleloading Hunter home site and read what Toby Burges has done w/this stuff. I've shot it in my Omega and love it.Rem SST Elite 209 or CCI 209m for ignition.

I shoot BH 209 and I had to exchange my 25 ACP ignition w/ 209breach plug. I had hangfires w/ the 25 ACP breach plug. I really prefer BH 209 to the other powders I have tried ( bought four bottles tonight.)
BD

I shoot BH 209 and I had to exchange my 25 ACP ignition w/ 209breach plug. I had hangfires w/ the 25 ACP breach plug. I really prefer BH 209 to the other powders I have tried ( bought four bottles tonight.)
BD

BH Hunter Sir,
My brother tried out the BH shot very well with it, there was no hangfires with it, due to the way the system is built, the breech plug is burning the powder just fine, it's breech burns at a hotter rate than a normal 209 primer. I will stick with the BH 209 unless something else happens.

Thank you.

Read the post on here by CEG2860 and all the replys.Also go to the National Muzzleloading Hunter home site and read what Toby Burges has done w/this stuff. I've shot it in my Omega and love it.Rem SST Elite 209 or CCI 209m for ignition.

Thank you.
I will look for that post.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts