Boyds Stock Colors

Bigeclipse

All,
My wife has picked out that she wants a boyds stock in either purple or blue color wood finish. It is hard to make out what the standard finish looks like compared to their high gloss finish from their little pictures. I was hoping if any of you have purchased the blue or purple color in either glossy or regular finish, could you post pictures of your rifles. Just trying to get an idea of what these colors look like in person. If you do post a pic, could you please comment what color it is and whether it is glossy or not. thank you all!

It's not a Boyds, but here's one in blue with a Tru-Oil finish. Not a high gloss, but not really flat either. I'd say a dull semi gloss would be the most accurate description.

6halfX284Pic2.jpg

Please pardon the mess...trying to pillar bed a stock amongst the flotsam of young kids at play.

This is my recently received Boyds blue (Sky, as they call it). The finish is whatever is standard. It may look a little brighter with flash, but it is not gaudy as I was afraid it might be. IMHO this pic is pretty true to its appearance to my eye.
Boyds.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.