bought a lapua finally

myrifleisLapua

Well I had a bunch of rifles I wanted and what not mostly a custom cheytac but I think if you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel then you don't need it. So I ordered a small savage 111model long range hunter sku 19842. It came to 1018$ with shipping insurance +30$ fir not paying with cash. That was on 1/19/2012 it just moved to the shipping department yesterday. So its gonna be awhile but im already buying ammo.I bought a box of hsm 300gr tactical otm in 3.760" oal.now I found a company called cpcartridge and they list 280gr lrx for 135$ per box. Will this bullet work in my 1:9 twist barrel? Plan is to use a ss20x42 scope yeah I know its not a nightforce but its built tough and will work.

Congrats! Your chambering is a very popular one for LRH for good reason.

I think your twist rate will definitely stabilize your listed bullets, and then some.

My first recommendation is look at investing in a reloading press (I like the Redding T7 :) you can set your dies, and never have to mess with them again), some Redding Competition Seater and Type S Bushing FL sizer dies. Once you have those two big things in hand, all the supporting equipment will seem like chump change and just show up on your reloading bench :D

For the price of loaded 338 Lapua ammo, I'm thinking you can get setup for reloading in 5-6 boxes of ammo.

Reloading will ensure you see the most of the precision potential of your new rifle, and give you flexibility to try different bullets depending on your intended hunting application.

Post up how it shoots! gun)

the reloading is a good from what ive read about the lapua but race season is about here (gncc) . thinking of using a dnz one piece rail . also i actually like the look of the savage . and didnt like the looks of the rem mlr/700p etc .hoping some one starts loading the 300gr accubond later this year . kinda torn between the two 280gr lrx and the 300gr AB. im leaning towards the LRX after reading about it .if had the money id buy one of the savage 375 rum id like the play with that caliber next and hopefully love my savage and buy another one. also glad to see somone making a affordable lapua .IM 19 and im head roofer for the company i work for so i work hard for my money and i was looking at the wby markv accumark now in 338 lapua but at 1700$ i figured the 700$ difference of the savage would better spent on optics/rail etc

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.