Borescoped after first round down new Criterion

DJ Fergus

I haven't had my bore scope for very long at all. Recently, I barrel up a 22 creedmoor criterion. I bore scoped it new & unfired. I just put the first round down the barrel and after bore scoping again was a bit surprised at how very little copper fouling there was. Mostly surprised in the lands that there was none. I'm going to go ahead and clean it anyway. I really thought there was going to be a little bit of copper there where the reamer cut the lands.

I haven't had my bore scope for very long at all. Recently, I barrel up a 22 creedmoor criterion. I bore scoped it new & unfired. I just put the first round down the barrel and after bore scoping again was a bit surprised at how very little copper fouling there was. Mostly surprised in the lands that there was none. I'm going to go ahead and clean it anyway. I really thought there was going to be a little bit of copper there where the reamer cut the lands.
Criterion makes a great barrel. My 6.5 has been an excellent barrel. Shes starting to get worn out but over all I've been extremely happy. Note scoped it the other day with 1500 rounds down it and shes definitely showing wear but still has some life left in it. That barrel has never copper fouled. Usually only takes a couple patches to clean it up.

Criterion makes a great barrel. My 6.5 has been an excellent barrel. Shes starting to get worn out but over all I've been extremely happy
Glad you said that cause this is the first criterion I've bought. I've heard other folks say that they've had good success with them. I will try to post another thread when I get done with the rifle. Might be a while cause I just get a little time here and there to work on it.

You cant tell us you used you borescope before and after first shot, then not post pictures....come on now
Borescope pictures? Sorry, I didn't save/ record. I'm not that advanced with it yet. Haven't read instructions, I plugged it up and just started looking. I've only looked down 4 barrels with it.

Did you look at it the full length of the barrel?
I only went from the breech end and it wouldn't reach the muzzle. I didn't want to go down the muzzle. My main focus was the throat area. I wanted to see how much change I would see there from raw to fired

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.