Borescope for Christmas

Is it a Savage ? Savage barrels look like the button rattled all the way down but they sure do shoot well, they just look bad. A while back Alex Wheeler posted pictures of a barrel and the comments ranged from pipe wrench to tomato stake. He later stated that the barrel had just set a new world record so looks can be deceiving.
No, it's a Portuguese Win Model 70 in 338WM and looks exactly like your pics.
This is the first barrel I have ever seen like this.
I have seen hundreds of barrels over the years but not a single Savage.
I still do not understand how a broach can do this.

Cheers.

This is the barrel in question.

Cheers.
9F1BBD07-8D3C-4BF0-8187-EE3BC4C1390F.jpeg

I believe Savage has incremental movement of the button vs a steady feed rate for the full length.

View attachment 323903
@MagnumManiac
Tony, here are from the M70,
New Haven, NOS, 375 H&H, maybe 12 rounds through it
South Carolina, bought new, 375 H&H maybe 12 rounds through it (was going to take these two to Africa, then decided on plains game and took 300 WBY)
Ruger M77 Hawkeye, 22-250 maybe 50 rounds through it
I also looked at two Weatherby, one 300WBY with less than 20 rounds and one 338LM with less than 50 rounds, both 2010-2016 era....looked normal.
I know they all need better cleaning, Winchesters are definitely different

Attachments

• M77Hawk1.JPG
    M77Hawk1.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 136
  • M77Hawk.JPG
    M77Hawk.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 132
  • SCM70375_1.JPG
    SCM70375_1.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 128
  • SCM70375.JPG
    SCM70375.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 128
  • NHM70375_2.JPG
    NHM70375_2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 116
  • NHM70375_1.JPG
    NHM70375_1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 120
Daughter bought me a Teslong for Christmas. Shocking how bad the inside of my Sendero's barrel is. Chamber isn't any better. Rifle shoots great, but wonder how much better it could be? Chambered in 300 Winchester Magnum.
I bought one of these after I saw the shape of some of my barrels I invested in some better bore cleaning products and some tubbs fire lapping products. I do not use the entire Tubbs process but the combination on a new barrel has smoothed out my barrel, as far as shooting better it seems like it has tightened my groups on factory barrels.

I bought one; it lead to a $700 barrel and chamber job. Then for good measure I tossed in a $600 carbon stock and an $1,100 Defiance action. Not sure I can afford to take it out of the box again.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Awareness is the first step in purchase decisions..... :) :) :)

My Savage 110, which I showed on page 1 shoots less than 1/2" with factory ammo. I paid about $400 when on sale at Cabelas. The RR tracks down the barrel are a non issue.

Same here and very impressed with the 3 additional mirrors it came with and how crisp and clear the video is.
My new to me 300 win mag RPR looks scary I am going to run a few patches down it today and re evaluate my OCD. LOL
And yes I will not buy another gun without scoping it first.

@MagnumManiac
Tony, here are from the M70,
New Haven, NOS, 375 H&H, maybe 12 rounds through it
South Carolina, bought new, 375 H&H maybe 12 rounds through it (was going to take these two to Africa, then decided on plains game and took 300 WBY)
Ruger M77 Hawkeye, 22-250 maybe 50 rounds through it
I also looked at two Weatherby, one 300WBY with less than 20 rounds and one 338LM with less than 50 rounds, both 2010-2016 era....looked normal.
I know they all need better cleaning, Winchesters are definitely different
I have a few pics I can post. I will take some of my custom barrels as well as factory for comparison.
Just can't do it it all today, still have relations staying and it will look rude if I disappear to "play guns" as they call it.

Cheers.

I bought a Md 70. 264 Win Mag. that everyone said had a good barrel found out the throat was heavily checked for 3/4" now it has a new snider match barrel. wish I had looked before buying. Shoots great now!!

SO, the only reason I would want a bore scope is to confirm my suspicions that, on one rifle, I have one land longer than the other, which if fixed, could allow me to seat my bullets farther out.

Thank you for each and every reply! I wanted this to see if I could track throat erosion, I feel it will be useful for that. I know how well this rifle shoots, I put a new Jewel trigger in it just before Xmas, and today I verified that it was still on by ringing steel at 200, and found a nice target at 920 to fling a few rounds at. I will be doing a better job of keeping the carbon ring to a minimum.