Bore Tech Eliminator vs. Montana Extreme copper killer

I haven't found a good one yet. Montana was OK but CR-10 works better in my gun. Spent about $10 on Gunslick foam and it was absolutely worthless. Filled the barrel with foam and let sit 30 minutes, 3 times and never got copper. One patch of cr-10 looked like a blue berry. Getting kind of tired of buying solvent that's for sure. Nobody around here carries Wipeout.

I get copper with the gunslick. Just it takes so many times to get it all

I haven't found a good one yet. Montana was OK but CR-10 works better in my gun. Spent about $10 on Gunslick foam and it was absolutely worthless. Filled the barrel with foam and let sit 30 minutes, 3 times and never got copper. One patch of cr-10 looked like a blue berry. Getting kind of tired of buying solvent that's for sure. Nobody around here carries Wipeout.

MidwayUSA. Get the accelerator too.

I have used BTE and Montana blend and found the BTE to be better without the odor. Wipe out works great except it's so **** messy and sticky to use....at least for me.

I have used BTE and Montana blend and found the BTE to be better without the odor. Wipe out works great except it's so **** messy and sticky to use....at least for me.

I almost grabbed some of the wipeout in my local gunshop. I double checked it and it was the accelerator and not the wipeout foam and I thought what sense does that make to only carry the accelerator. I would have grabbed some then and now I have to order it.

works great for me but i let it sit overnight.

About two years ago I had purchased Bore Tech Competition Blend which was significantly better than BTE. It has a slight ammonia odor to it but cleaned even my roughest barrels in much less time. When I went to buy more I coulnt find it anywhere and bought several bottles directly from Bore Tech. I am wondering if this had a name change, and what they call the newer CU+2 product? Anyone know?.

Hey all, thanks for the advice as it was very helpful. I ordered the BTE and decided that cuz it seemed more guys were happier with the BTE and also I don't like the idea of an ammonia based solvent. Also as the web site on Bore Tech states it is safe to leave in the barrel without harming it and serves as a protectant. I don't really want to get in trouble if I were to use the Montana Extreme in the garage and have it filter throughout the house (as the garage is connected) cuz I'd get in trouble for that. Also, the next one that will be on it's way is some wipeout+accelerator and give it a try too. Thanks all and good shootin,
Meaty

I realize I'm reviving an old thread but I've used Montana Extreme 50bmg, bore solvent, and bore conditioner very successfully. I also spoke extensively with their tech department before purchasing their products.

Any ammonia in Montana extreme solvents is suspended in oil. I was told they have rifles that have had the copper killer /50bmg in the barrel for over a year...they scope it regularly and say it is impossible for it to cause rust. The smell is definitely strong but the stuff works.

I primarily use wipe out foam now because of how easy it is to just let it sit overnight. I usually run a few extra tight patches after the wo then I run a couple patches with the me bore conditioner. Getting 150 or so rounds between cleaning...probably more but would rather clean it before I need to

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.