Bore guide for narrow action?

jebel

Do you have a recommendation for a cleaning rod bore guide for smaller actions? Something that would fit the Barrett Fieldcraft or NULA rifles would be the right size consideration. I'm finding the typical Tipton Universal bore guide to be a poor fit.

Thanks

What is the diameter of the bolt? Sinclair will make custom delrin bore guides

My understanding of a bore guide is a dingus that fits over the muzzle, with a hole in the middle of it, to make sure that your cleaning rod goes straight down the bore, and does not rub against the muzzle, causing muzzle wear and ruining accuracy.
#1 - I don't see how it could be of any use with protecting your chamber, and
#2 - You break an AR open and clean it from the breech, so I don't see a use for it.

I never found anything wrong with a universal bore guide. You must have be quite the small action.

If it keeps the cleaning rod from banging around in there that's all that matters to me. The one I have comes with a AR adapter.

Fits into the chamber through the action or receiver.

I never found anything wrong with a universal bore guide.

There's nothing wrong with the universal bore guides. They work fine in my standard bolt action rifles. But I have a couple lightweight rifles with smaller actions and the universal guides don't fit. They bind on the bolt track before they're in far enough to seal the chamber from leaking cleaner. I need something with a smaller diameter.

I know, that's why next to it I put the action must be small. I thought that was wild cause I thought mine was small, though I forgot what brand mine is.

Mike Lucas make a really nice guide. Last time I bought one from him it took 7 months

I don't remember the particulars but there was some miscommunication or something. My experience was not normal so don't discount him

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.