bonded .224 bullets

timmay

Ive posted questions in the reloading forum but get no answers so Ill try here.
Does anyone know where the hell I can find some bonded core bullets as a component in .224?
Everywhere only sells varmint bullets. I know Speer, Federal, Remington, Winchester all make good bonded bullets.
I would like the Speer tbbc but that is not going to happen. So Ive been on a search for the Speer gold dots, Fed fusions, Rem corelokts or the bonded corelokts, or any **** bonded bullet in 224. Sportsmans and Cabelas only want to sell Varmint bullets and for some reason Speers website says they dont even offer any bonded bullets which is BS, same with rem, and Fed websites. I know they all make them.
So where can I get these if anywhere? The only good 224 bullet I can find is the 60gr partition but they are outrageously priced. I am not a fan at all of the barnes tsx because they suck if they arent going extremely fast.
I know I can buy the factory loaded bonded core ammo but I want the bullets only for loading my own.
thanks

Try the Swift Scirocco II's. 75gr BT so you will need around an 8 twist....I get mine at Midway

I don't know what your twist rate is but midway and cheaper than dirt usually have either 75grn swift sciroccos or 64grn win power points, both are bonded core.

Nosler 60gr partitions work excellent on whitetails I've shot over 25 deer with them! Usually a bang flop deal lol those that have ran have went less than 50yds

Oh yes I forgot about the sciroccos come in a 75gr .224. I use their 150gr in my 308.
Id love to pick those up.
My rifle has a 20" 1-7" so it will shoot those.
Thanks for the heads up, Ill check out midway.

I know alot of police men use the winchester 64gr pp and all seem to think its a very good bonded bullet

Nosler 60gr partitions work excellent on whitetails I've shot over 25 deer with them! Usually a bang flop deal lol those that have ran have went less than 50yds

Ya Id bet the 60gr partition is the best all around bullet for the 223. If they werent so expensive it would be the only bullet I would load for it.

I'm looking for 70-77gr bonded bullet for reloading.
What I've found is beyond the exorbanantly priced Barnes is a dream of an affordable bonded bullet with superior performance.
One reason I reload is to save some money but mostly to get superior performance.
Bonded, superior performance and affordable are not inclusive terms.
The major players make the bullets we all want but only sell them as even more expensive loaded ammo.
So where do we look? Who do we appeal to?
I understand the technology and such makes production more costly but it seems they should allow the dedicated reloaders to get these preferred bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.