Boltface enlargement

1doug

What is the largest that I can open the bolt face up. The action is l/a remington. Can it be opened up .600,.625,.650.675 safley? I know the bolt is .700, but how much is too much? I am working on a unique progect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

TIA d-a

I bet it is an unique progect, whatever that progect is? Is that like PROJECT? lol Just given ya some crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I talked for a while with the guy from CH4D about our dies. He suggested why not try and hit as many calibers as possible throughout the forming dies while ending at 308. I'll talk to you at work today.

OK Dave. I was hoping that kirby or shawn or maybe chris would give me some insight on what the max we could open the boltface up.

Chris

How exactly do you go about opening up the bolt face? Do you then install a Sako style extractor, or M16 style?
Please list in detail your operations and set-ups. I have a couple of bolts here that I bought off ebay that I'd like to give it a try on.
I am a machinist myself so I think I can do it just need guidence.
Thanks in advance
Dave

Dave are you asking for industry secrets? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You might get both of us banned for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

D-A

Get back to work Doug!!! I am enjoying my day off, I got up way to early. Gonna get the wife a new car today I think the little *** is on its last legs.
Well I hope they arent considered trade secrets.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are not trade secrets but if you buy a M16 extractor from Badger it will come with instructions- a hell of alot easier than me typing that much.

Copy that and thanks. I already have the tool from Brownells for the sako style extractor. Just wanted to hear what the professionals do and how they do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts