bolt nob

here is another option, let me know if you are interested:

DSC00498.jpg

available in stainless or alum.

JB

Hey JB, whats the can on the front? looks interesting, what cal is the rifle? I'm looking for a decent alternative to the Reflex moderators that are so popular (but tend to not last very long) in the UK.
Pete

[ QUOTE ]
Hey JB, whats the can on the front? looks interesting, what cal is the rifle? I'm looking for a decent alternative to the Reflex moderators that are so popular (but tend to not last very long) in the UK.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete--223, can is AAC "Ranger". Can you get cans made in the US?

Started as blasted SS, but is now coated with Moly resin

FWIW, i'd look into www.jetsuppressors.com for future purchases -- titanium! and comparably priced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
JB

JB, if some one in the US can export em i can import em.
I'll take a look at the Jets. The Tuote Reflex is popular in the UK but is poor quality IMHO, it works but it rusts and the welds pop, if the things cost $50 and you could chuck em after 800 rds(if they last that long) it would be ok, but they ain't that cheap to buy.
The bets ive seen here in the EU are those from Brugger & Thomet.
Thanks for the reply,
Pete

I'm beginning to wonder if they are sold! The only thing I can find are adjustable hollow mills. It is used to cut down the existing bolt handle to a shank which is then threaded to accept the oversize "nob"

The adjustable indexable hollow mill is what I use- I think they are about 400 bucks. But bolt steel is tough stuff, especially Winchesters and the carbide blades are well worth it.

$400 , **** it boy , sound to me like its time to break out the files!!
But like it was said if your in the buisness and your doing bunches of them a year they I guess it would pay for its self in the first few months

you want a jet-z suppressor pete. i flogged my reflex and got one of these and have never looked back. it's well made, not tinny, smaller, lighter and quieter than the reflex. it's a bit more expensive but you don't need bushings as it's forward mounted. i have one for a 30 cal but use it on my 22-250 and it works great!
259356.jpg

ps. sorry for hi-jacking the thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Derek, ive got a Brigger and Thomet on its way to me at the mo for testing. and i was talking to the PES guy in UK the other day, nice bloke,..
I'm staying clear of the reflex's, all i hear about at the mo is failures.. shame its the one that the FC picked(was the best of the 3 they treid)
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.