BLM rule change proposal will be bad for hunt on Public land

michael.canaday

The BLM is proposing rules that will strip rhe public of their ability to access and use public lands for hunting, offroading, or any other activities that might degrade the landscape.
I urge you to speak out against this huge rule change they are proposing. Comments close soon!

A majority of comments are cut and paste from liberals who are anti hunting and so on.

Our voices need to be heard.

I have written the following text for anyone's use if they so choose. Please pass it along and stop these rule changes.
I urge the BLM to NOT enact these rule changes. The proposed rule changes are not good for the American people. BLM is proposing to rent our public land through "Conservation Leases". This flies in the face of public land use. These rules will effectively stop legal hunting, if reading, hiking, and any use of BLM managed land.

The proposed rule changes cite Executive Orders, and worse, Secretarial orders, as authority as opposed to legislation from our elected representatives. This effectively allows unelected bureaucrats to make major changes that strip the American people or their rightful access to public land.

Again, I urge the BLM NOT to enact these proposed rules.

Mike

Last edited:
The BLM is proposing rules that will strip rhe public of their ability to access and use public lands for hunting, offloading, or any other activities that might degrade the landscape.
I urge you to mobilize the public against this huge rule change they are proposing. Comments close soon!

A majority of comments are cut and paste from liberals who are anti hunting and so on.

Our voices need to be heard.

I have written the following text for anyone's use if they so choose. Please pass it along and stop these rule changes.
I urge the BLM to NOT enact these rule changes. The proposed rule changes are not good for the American people. BLM is proposing to rent our public land through "Conservation Leases". This flies in the face of public land use. These rules will effectively stop legal hunting, if reading, hiking, and any use of BLM managed land.

The proposed rule changes cite Executive Orders, and worse, Secretarial orders, as authority as opposed to legislation from our elected representatives. This effectively allows unelected bureaucrats to make major changes that strip the American people or their rightful access to public land.

Again, I urge the BLM NOT to enact these proposed rules.

Mike
Which DOC is it ? I am not familiar with these websites. A little direction would be appreciated. I have never hunted public land nor used it. But do like the option to if need be.
EDIT this old dummy got it figured out. And I pasted your comment.

Last edited:
This rule wasn't proposed, it was made and set! Upon a big blowup from some western state governors and such from the release of the rule the comment period was reopened. Basically will allow the tree huggers to lease up the land away from the ranchers and everyone else who lives off it. Giving these billionare backed antis free pass to take even more rights away from us and prevent access. Just another way for this joke of administration to destroy our country.

More WOKE principles making hunting/ shooting more difficult and expensive. Like I said before that's their tactic to ban something without banning it. Which is why I stand against anything that goes along with or sides with the left.

The Uniparty hates the constitution. Just like other alphabet agencies, they make rules that go around the legislative branch and then force it to be fought in court. They're unfortunately getting good at it. I read about this about a month ago and agree it's pretty scary in the western states with huge amounts of federal "public" land. Start issuing conservation leases that take away grazing land and public use and see how that goes.

Well, the comment period closed on 6/20 or 15 days after the last public meeting, so a little late. But I'm more concerned with some of these comments and the thoughts of those making them. Take this one for example:
1687446838143.png

They state that clear cutting creates 5x higher carbon losses than the same stand burning down. The trees are still dead and a carbon loss, so apparently the poster of this comment is lacking the oxygen in their brain that these trees used to produce. It's people like this that are going to promote the closures and there's a lot of them out there.

I didn't read the link but I would bet that some areas have already been enforcing the rule change.
Have a coworker who used to shoot long range on BLM north of Billings. He told me last fall that some BLM official had kicked him off saying that shooting on BLM land was no longer permitted.

I couldnt find any evidence of a rules change so figured it was an official pushing their personal agenda.

I have never hunted public land nor used it. But do like the option to if need be.
Losing the hunting rights, to me anyway, is secondary to losing access for shooting in general.
I would bet that a large majority of long range shooters in the west practice the craft primarily on BLM and FS land.