Blaser Rifles?

CBS

looking at a trade for Blaser R84. Anyone have any experience/opinions on these? i'd be into this gun for around $1,500. condition appears to be very good but round count is unknown. i don't know much about the barrel systems for these guns.

specific ?'s:
-barrel quality/life expectancy in a 7mm.
-could i rebarrel with any aftermarket barrel (prob. Krieger)
-action quality. these don't appear to be a Mauser or Rem copy. any experience in trueing one of these? is it possible or even neccessary?
-all i've found on the web is that these are "good shooters", that term is used as loose as.........nevermind.:D

i'd expect to be able to use this as an elk gun to 800yds.

i like the idea of having something that's quality and not the "norm". am i reinventing the wheel? should i just go with a custom and quit thinking out of the box?

My brother is a big Blaser fan and has several R93's.

I was looking at an R84 a year or so ago and he advised against it.

Apparently the design and quality are not up to par with the R93 and parts can be difficult to come by as they are no longer made.

You should be able to get more and better information from blaserpro.com.

I think aftermarket barrels are not an option. But, the quality/accuracy/life of a factory R93 barrel is excellent.

Hope this helps.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts