Blaser R93 rifle

Christi and I both have R93s that we loved UNTIL we wanted longer tubes & faster twists for LRH. IF, IF this "rethreading" technique is not BS for us over here, it would be wonderful. Every big deal gunsmith I talk to over here says its impossible and "for them obviously ...it is". Sometimes THE CONTINENT has skilled craftsmen who are beyond our tool and die "boys". Those Germans do things Remchester's custom shops boys didn't learn in HS shop class. And YES I am writing this to challenge one of our "boys" to step up to that challenge...but I'll bet "it don't happen".
For those of you that question the Blaser R93 or R8's accuracy at long range...go to YouTube and type in "Longrange blog" or try this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxax7efOMc...there are 50+ short YouTubes of Thomas Haugland (TH) hitting animals and steel out to 1350 yards...look especially at blogs #18-39. TH's tech for speed dialing his windage & come ups is ingenuous ( recalibrating his turrets to his reticle & reading his adjustments on the fly ) to say the least...very quick and reminds me of John Graves/ Aaron Davidson innovations.

Here is Germany there is a custom gunsmith, he makes whatever barrel you want! he has designed the part where the radial locking system is locking in, now you can screw in any barrel you want, you just have to look for correct haedspacing. you can see this in one of the pictures here
Bixn-Andy - Läufe

it is very high quality stuff! all cnc machining and you can use any barrel you want!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.