Black Hills 338 lapua load?

jdg33

Does anyone know what powder Black Hills uses in their 250 grain 338 lapua load. They shoot very well in my AR-30 but the round is too big to fit in my bullet puller so I have not been able to take a round apart for research.

BTW my screen name used to be Burleyboy but it changed with the forum changes. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks,
Bb

Black Hills load

Black Hills uses Ramshot Magnum powder in their 338 Lapua loads for both bullet weights. I have the exact weight somewhere but due to a recent move I've not been able to locate all my "stuff" yet. If I find it I'll drop you a line. RL25 works very well also. Semper Fi

338 Lapua M. loads

Sir, I just read that the Black Hills load for the .338 Lapua Mag. with the 250 gr. Scenar uses Ramshot Magnum powder.
I am dying to know the powder weight used. I would like very much to duplicate their loads for the 250 gr. Scenar AND the 300 gr. Sierra SMK. Their stuff is sooooo expensive.
I've been loading for both my Accuraci International AWSM and my PGWDTI Timberwolf. I have tryed Vitahvouri (N170,N165), Hogdon H4831sc, H1000, Retumbo, etc.,etc....... Good luck with quite a few powders especially the H4831sc (250 gr. bullets).
Not so good luck with finding an appropriate load for the 300 gr SMK's; that is, I cannot get my speeds much above ~ 2750 ft/sec for this bullet,, AND have reasonable pressure
Greatly would appreciate if you could share your knowledge on the Black Hills loads. THANK YOU.

Did you ever get your answer on the black hills 300gr SMK load in the Lapua.

I have the same question?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.