Binoculars and Rangefinder or a combo unit?

I bought a pair of the Zeiss Victory 8x45 rangefinder binos several weeks ago. I have had them out on prarie dog hunts 4 times and I have ranged a lot of pronghorn. The binoculars are world class, brilliant, sharp edge to edge, fantastic contrast, and absolutley no color bias. Unbelievable glass.

The rangefinder quickly and accurately ranges well beyond the advertised 1300 yards. I have no trouble ranging to 1500+ in direct sunlight. The only downside is the display. The numbers can be hard to read in bright sunlight against a light background. The unit is also very finicky and panoramic tilt leads to a greatly diminished display. I think the display needs to be improved, otherwise, Zeiss hit a homerun. Are they worth twice the price of the pre-HD Geovids? That's your call.

I just got a pair of 8x56 Geovids... they are a FANTASTIC unit! Great low light bino and a super laser range finder. Got a great deal on them too! You won't be sorry if you buy a Geovid. NJS

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.