Bighorn tl3 thoughts

nal3470

What's yalls thoughts on the bighorn tl3? I'm in process of building a 6.5 prc for hunting mostly be using factory ammo

Big fan here...
Wont be building off anything else anytime soon, or until someone can rival their versatility.

It's what I am building on now, for a switchlug setup. It's a great action, I am impressed.

So many good things about them but wanted to get hands on thoughts thanks 4 all the info

I like my SR3 but if I wasn't after the versatility of being able to swap bolt heads and use prefit Savages I feel there are nicer actions.

I live in dusty west Texas. I've owned Surgeons, Defiance, R700s and now I'm on my 5th or 6th Bighorn horn. The only gun to ever fail me was the deviant. It locked up 4 hours into a coyote hunting trip. Beautiful actions. Turned a lot of heads at the range. I just took delivery on a Tl3 with right bolt left port dlc coated. It is my favorite action to date. I plan to replace my other tl3 with one when I burn out my barrel.

How do they stack up to a defiant

Right on WTx....
There are "nicer", "smoother", shorter bolt throw, yada, yada actions on the market and I've run quite a few of them. I've locked up both the Defiance and Surgeons (among others) in the same conditions/elements where the BHs kept on ticking away.

Don... You did well on those!

I had Mark Chanlynn from Rocky Mountain Rifle Works build be a 6.5CM rifle on the Big Horn TL3 action and one of his barrels. My first custom and couldn't be more pleased.

I'm impressed on how smooth the action is and like the options of being able to swap the bolt head.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.