BigBoy

philny1

Got a couple #s of a powder that was known as BigBoy. Name changed to Ranshot Magnum. Wanna load for my Lapua, probably 225gr NAs. Anybody have any experience with this powder.

bearless,
I use the Ramshot powders quite a bit. Magnum is their slowest powder, slower than IMR 7828, and just a titch (technical term) faster than RL25. It's a very fine ball powder that meters like water, great to use on the bench. It is relatively clean burning and supposedly not very sensitive to temperature extremes. It is made in Belgium and is imported and distributed in the US by Western Powders in Miles City MT. Check out http://www.ramshot.com/powders/
they have a pretty nice loading guide online. Hope this helps a little.
God Bless,
Jim

Bearless
I shoot a 300 win mag. After trying many diferent loads and bullets, I tried Ramshot Magnum with a 168 VLD. My Remington loves this combination for long range stuff.
Tim G

Thanks guys. Recovering from rotator cuff surgery and it will be a few weeks yet before I can try it out. Will let you know.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts