Big Shout Out To Deadly Precision Gunsmithing and Lorenzo Young

I am the original poster of this thread and just wanted to chime in. The customer service and work I received from Lorenzo was top notch his correspondence and willingness to answer or make suggestions was also great.

I did not personally know Lorenzo, but he seemed like a stand up guy and I was more than pleased with the results of the build I had him do. To this day one of the best shooting rifles I have had my hands on.

This being said if the above statements are true and I am not saying they aren't something very drastic has happened over at DPG and I am sorry if my initial post led anyone down that road.

I do not hold anyone responsible but the parties to the contract. It is clear from the other posts and my pm's that this is a pattern. I would attach the contract if I could figure out how. The part that hurts is he got my new scope also.

I do not hold anyone responsible but the parties to the contract. It is clear from the other posts and my pm's that this is a pattern. I would attach the contract if I could figure out how. The part that hurts is he got my new scope also.

Have you called the local Sheriff? They'd probably knock on the door to be sure there hasn't been foul play. Might even get back with you.

Have you called the local Sheriff? They'd probably knock on the door to be sure there hasn't been foul play. Might even get back with you.

Exactly ! Dang I'd be on pins and needles knowing some one else has that much of my cash and valuables ? Also why did you send that scope to him ? Mounting a scope is just a few screws and checking and re-checking.

I sent him the scope so he could install the correct rings which then could be coated the same color. Keep in mind at the time I had no reason not to trust him.

X2 on contacting the local Sheriffs dept. My dad went thru a similar situation on some boat parts with a crooked dealer in Florida. After nearly a year of getting the run around with excuse after excuse followed by no response from the dealer at all, my dad contacted the local Sheriffs dept. for that dealers area. I was actually shocked at how helpful they were and how fast they followed up and contacted the dealer. Within the week the Sheriffs dept. called my dad back and told him they had made contact with the dealer and they told my dad to call them back if he didn't hear from the dealer by the following week. My dad didn't hear from them so he called the Sheriffs dept. back and a little over a week later he had a full refund sent to him from the dealer.

I would suggest getting any and all of your paperwork pertaining to this build together then contacting the Sheriffs dept. for the area in which this person does business. I'm sure you're frustrated and probably flat out ****ed off about this, I know I would be, but be as calm and pleasant as you can when you talk to the local authorities. Your chances of them helping you and feeling your pain will be much higher if you do. Best of luck to you and I hope you get all your money and stuff back.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.