Beware of your local guns shops........

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little off, but a local shop i stopped into Wednesday. The owner was carrying on about OBUMMER and Biden and Gun Control. Come to find out he as a gun shop owner voted for the SOB's.I turned on looked him right in the eye and said " You deserve what you got, and this is the last time your going to see me"

A lot of people are panic buying and as long as they will pay the price,someone will sell for
that price.

I try to plan ahead and dont grt caught in a bind but sometimes it happens, and I just wait
for things to settle down instead of paying 3 prices.

Vendors that price gouge will pay in the long run, and lose customers or even go out of buisness.

Like you said; dont buy from them anymore/Ever.

J E CUSTOM

Our local shop is good, I think he's just kept doing business like usual, the only things over priced are things that people have brought in and consigned and some of that is stupid over priced but if I had extra AR stuff laying around I'd be hocking it in a hurry to buy some long range optics gun)

Our only store that was rediculous about price gouging ever time they though they could mark something up went tits up last year because they couldn't support the store in the winter when all they had were locals to sell to, they were also the business ALWAYS on the local radio with the buy local be local adds while trying to rape anyone who walked into the store!!

Same thing here, both of the 2 shops I go to localy haven't raised a single price they don't have to, bought a pound of powder the other day that I had to blow the dust off, so I know their not even thinking about raising prices.

One of em has a used XD9 way cheaper than you see them on gunbroker for, they just don't see a need to ask more. Their words "why raise prices? we're making our money as it is, so why **** people off?"

bigngreen, I'm with you on the AR deal,I sold mine to pay for my 2nd NF I had $1200. in it including optics and my shop guy sold it for me on gun broker for $2600. how stupid is that what helped it sold the day after Obummers speech.
My gun dealer apologized he said I put to low of a reserve on it $2500 he said the bidding went nuts and it was at $2600 before they could stop the auction. Me I was happy:D New NF and some extra in my pocket.

This is a little off, but a local shop i stopped into Wednesday. The owner was carrying on about OBUMMER and Biden and Gun Control. Come to find out he as a gun shop owner voted for the SOB's.I turned on looked him right in the eye and said " You deserve what you got, and this is the last time your going to see me"

RIGHT ON Gary !!!!!!!
It sucks that we all have to pay for their stupidity !

Personally its the one's out there that are Panicing and buying up all the different Ammo that's making it difficult for those that are into Shooting,Target Practicing and Hunting for the Sport...We're the ones that can't find any ammo or have to pay higher prices! :rolleyes:

I'll wait til the frenzy dies down and gets back to normal,I'll just watch how much Hunting I do and not do any un-needed target practicing so I don't waste what Ammo I have.

4 Years ago when Mr. Knucklehead got into Office Everyone was buying up ammo and I couldn't even get me an extra box of shells for my Deer Rifle,now we're having the same thing happen again,and if any Gun Shop gouges me on supplies or ammo they will no longer see my business....hows that saying go,"They may have won the battle,but not the War"! :D

Personally its the one's out there that are Panicing and buying up all the different Ammo that's making it difficult for those that are into Shooting,Target Practicing and Hunting for the Sport...We're the ones that can't find any ammo or have to pay higher prices! :rolleyes:

I'll wait til the frenzy dies down and gets back to normal,I'll just watch how much Hunting I do and not do any un-needed target practicing so I don't waste what Ammo I have.

4 Years ago when Mr. Knucklehead got into Office Everyone was buying up ammo and I couldn't even get me an extra box of shells for my Deer Rifle,now we're having the same thing happen again,and if any Gun Shop gouges me on supplies or ammo they will no longer see my business....hows that saying go,"They may have won the battle,but not the War"! :D

I too have thought about his first 4 year term , I remember when I couldnt find Federal 215M primers if I did they would be around $70 to $80 a 1000. Now I cannot even find them at all . My dad did find some primers while out of town in a little gun shop and they were $70 he didnt remember what brand or size when asked but he didint forget the price.....

Bigbuck I like you remember the primer shortage of 08-09 once they did start coming back I purchased nothing less than 1000 at a time and replace when I was down to about 300. Now I have a couple of new rifles and am once again in a primer defecit, got lucky though and found some 215m's a couple of weeks ago bought 1000 $39.99 good price. Know where a guy could find some 210vld's or better yet 215hybrids?

Bigbuck I like you remember the primer shortage of 08-09 once they did start coming back I purchased nothing less than 1000 at a time and replace when I was down to about 300. Now I have a couple of new rifles and am once again in a primer defecit, got lucky though and found some 215m's a couple of weeks ago bought 1000 $39.99 good price. Know where a guy could find some 210vld's or better yet 215hybrids?

I bought 1000 federal large rifle primers. $44.95
And 1000 Federal Large Rifle Magnum 215 Match. for $54.95

I havent found any Berger 210's or 215's. I wish I could.

I don't need gas.. i could ride a bike.... or look at it the other way.. I need a gun for self protection..

we both agree. free market.. I am choosing to not to business with these gougers..

J-

I agree . Gun shops want your loyalty as a shop front customer but this kind don't want to return that loyalty back .
If you can't buy what you need why should you ever go back ?

I told my friends that was wanting a AR to buy them a few years ago and get alot of ammo, some did but most are bitchin i cant find 22lr even wally world is out, i said yea no sh#t i gave a friend a few bricks of 22LR so he could take his wife shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.