Best twist rate on a 223 bolt action rifle.

The Game King is the hunting version of the Match King.

Yeah my bad, I meant the Tipped Game King, the new Green Tipped Version or the old style lead tip. I checked the website and it's the older version. I've heard the Game Kings are very soft bullets, that at high speeds they blow up and don't penetrate, l am not a witness to this since I've never used them.

I have used a lot of the HP Match Kings 150gr and 168gr in a 7mm-08 for Silhouette competition so I'm very familiar with those.

I'll can probably try out some of them on Javelina first and see how they work.

Thanks again for all your help all

Yeah my bad, I meant the Tipped Game King, the new Green Tipped Version or the old style lead tip. I checked the website and it's the older version. I've heard the Game Kings are very soft bullets, that at high speeds they blow up and don't penetrate, l am not a witness to this since I've never used them.

I have used a lot of the HP Match Kings 150gr and 168gr in a 7mm-08 for Silhouette competition so I'm very familiar with those.

I'll can probably try out some of them on Javelina first and see how they work.

Thanks again for all your help all
Yeah I guess that's my bad too lol. I knew of the Gamechanger but didn't know it was also called the Tipped Game King. Learned something new!

It's a bit fast but I've been running a rock creek 1/6.5 twist in a M24 contour specifically setup for the new smk 95gr. If you want to really get the most distance from your 223 the 95gr w/ a G7 b.c. of .310 & velocity of 2675fps keeps a bullet supersonic to 1200+ yrds at sea level. Of course most people don't want or need that capability but it is a nice,comfortable round to shoot. The 1/6.5 twist I'm using now also shoots the 69gr nosler, 77gr tmk, 75gr eld,80gr eld-m 80.5 berger all really well. You might hear people say that a1/7 twist or faster is too fast & you'll blow up bullets coming out of your barrel but the 223's velocity really isn't going to cause those kind of issues like a 22-250 might. I would at least go with a 1/7.5 at the slowest only because of the plentiful,really good quality bullets to choose from in the 60-69grain to 80grain plus range that can be used with a better b.c. than the 50-55 grain bullets and still do the same job...just with better ballistics.
Just the answer o was looking for in this article I can tell you've worked hard to correctly answer the question and more. Thanks for making the post