Best sights for ar15:

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by gunsmith2, Mar 8, 2013.

1. gunsmith2

gunsmith2 Member

gun)what is the best sight for a ar15 flat top to get on them quick while running and take multipul shots. thanks for help. jp

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

An aimpoint, mounted as close to your eye as possible there is noting faster! Except of course me, train with your shotgun on rabit targets at the sporting clays course.

3. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

No question eotech. Ive tried and used lots of different sights and eotech gets my vote. They are just pricey for a short range unit.

4. gunsmith2

gunsmith2 Member

is the 516 eo tech a good one?

5. TheNiner

TheNiner Member

The big 3... Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon.
    Have not shot the new trijicon srs yet, but looks intruiging. Own other 3. All fantastic.
    I give the nod to my trijicon acog ta33 horseshoe reticule. So fast while moving with bindon aiming concept..and when you stop and close weak side eye you get the magnification benefit. But at over $1000 it is not for everyone.

However, if price is an issue go with an Aimpoint PRO. $400 for simple, rugged and reliable. Fabulous battery life as well. I trust my life with this one at work every day. Eotech a close second for the under $500 group simply because of battery life. I love how both work and how reliable they are. Wife thinks eotech is better...fwiw..and she's a heck of a shootist.

If you stray from these 3 brands you are on your own in my humble opinion. Military and law enforcement choose these because of their sturdy design, simplicity and reliability.

Good luck.