Best Price for a Rem 700 SS LA

Triple BB

I've started the process to build a long range hunting rifle. I already have the stock, trigger and a NF scope. I've been shopping for a Remington 700 SS long action. Everything I'm seeing around here at the gun shows and pawn shops is either blued or the same price as retail so I've decided to just go new retail. Not interested in a cerakoted blued receiver and stainless barrel. Since this will be a 300 RUM, I did locate a new SS 300 RUM SPS for $599. Anyone know of any mail order places that sell a Rem 700 SS LA for less than $599. I plan on shooting a bullet with a high ballistic coeffiecient, but won't know which one until its built and I find out which one the gun likes. Wouldn't mind getting some opinons on a barrel manufacturer. Again this will be a hunting rifle and I'd be leaning towards something lighter and probably fluted.
Any info and/or tips are appreciated...

Why not a blued receiver cerakoted ? I would say that is the best way you could go. Cerakote is even better than stainless and a chromoly action in my opinion is better than stainless.

Cost. I've had no problems with any of my other SS rifles. Add the cost of a used blued rifle or action plus cerakote and I'm a bunch more in it than a new Rem 700 SS rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.