Best Powder For Big 7 ?

Someone has said they would do some reloading for me while my reloading order gets completed . My Question is this , what is the best powder to use for the 7 RUM ? We've found some good bullets for it but aren't quite sure about the powder yet . So I know there is alot of knowledge out there so please if you would I could really use your help . Thank you .

I hope everyone had a wonderful hunting season this year .

For me: IMR 7828, RL25, Retumbo- in that order. RL25 and Retumbo usually will give better velocity but 7828 has been the most consistent performer of accuracy with decent velocity. I haven't tried H1000. And with heavy bullets I wouldn't be scared to try RL33 or RL 50 although I haven't tried either of those. RL22 can be good with light bullets-120 gr. I decided to go with one load after messing around with several for a couple yrs. Will use the remainder of this barrel's life hunting.

It's rl22, rl25, and retumbo for me with a 7rum. I've burned the ball 50 cal. powders like 8700 and I 5010 also but there's little data for most of those powders so you have to wing it and break out the rubber undies...:D At present I'm using retumbo with the 171 barnes match in my 7rum but I've also found that rl22 and the 140 sierra shoots well. My old rifle ate rl25 and 140 sierra pills to 1/3 moa.

7828 or Retumbo in my opinion.. I've used those two more than any & have had exceptional results

R22 & R25 also do work. Have seen very-low ES with Reloader Powders, just never pursued testing further due to its lack of availability...

My caliber is a firebird 7mm, but none-the-less, very comparible to RUM

If you can get your hands on some rl33 or Retumbo I think you'll be pleased.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.