best 7mag powder

IMR powders are temp sensitive. Try working up loads with Hodgon powders if thats what yoru concerned about. They usually stay within 20/30 fps, with a 80 degree temp change. IMR and RL powders are horrible about this. I switched over to Hodgon powders as soon as I found this out. I never use to use Hodgon, but now I dont try anythign else. Except for my varmint guns, I use IMR 4198, and 4064.

I went out sunday morning to break in the barrel but it was so cold I only got through the first 5 shots of cleaning after every shot before I went home. My fingers were frozen. I was planning on doing it during the weekday, then testing the loads this weekend. Dont worry, this will be the first place to post my results.

i have a rem 700(older model adl). it has ALWAYS shot less than 3/4 inch with h4831 and a 139 hornady and when i can do it, a lot less. i get 3278fps. i have tried both norma and rem brass; and several different primers with the horn/h4831 load they all shot good. i have tried other bullets( including the barnes xlc) and powders . nothing came close. roninflag

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.