Best of the West/Hudkemaw

ednied1

Hello gurus. I have the opportunity to get into this system in a 7mm mag or 6.5x284 with a 5-30 x56 scope . Carbon on carbon. I want this to pretty much be a do all gun. I have shot them and to me they are magnificent. I hit center on a target at 875 yds in a 20-30 mph wind x3 in a row. They are expensive but they seem to eliminate any issues other than my mistakes and felt very comfortable
My question is that I've been lurking on this feed for awhile now and have never seen this system mentioned. Why?

They certainly aren't bad scopes, they track well, are fairly lightweight (depending on model) and the glass is decent. That being said imo there are much better scopes on the market. I would say at this point in time most guys are using a kestrel or one of the many ballistic apps to get a solution and using moa or mils.

That way guys aren't having to have a turret etched for every load and always changing environmental factors. Sure you can get a MOA turret etched for them but at that point in time why not get a different (better for the same price imo) scope.

I certainly wouldn't say they eliminate all issues, in fact I would say they create them in a way trying to use a fixed solution all the time rather then just learning to shoot moa or mil. Example you sighted in at 1000' and 95 degree temps and everything was perfect, now you elk hunting in Colorado at 10k and it's 21 degrees. Where do you dial to?

I haven't ever owned one of their rifles and I'm sure they are nice but take a good look at the components they are using, price them out and see what some of the numerous top notch 'smiths are charging to put it all together and you might be surprised. That's my .02.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.